Fading Boundaries

Ishu's POV :

Our faces practically nose-to-nose, Shub casually cupped my cheek, his grin turning mischievous, and a daring glint shining in his eyes. "You're quite the risk-taker, Ishu," he said, his words just a breath away. A mix of confusion and longing danced in my eyes as I tried to keep up.

With a playful smirk, Shub bridged the gap, our lips joining in a dance of eagerness. The first contact sent a delightful shiver down my spine, and the magnetic pull grew into a delicious surrender. The gentle warmth of the kiss made my spine tingle, and time seemed to pause, letting us soak in the moment.

The room faded into the background, leaving only Shub's captivating presence. Our hearts thumped in harmony, and with each passing moment, our unspoken wants became more obvious. The air hung heavy with expectation, and as our bodies drew nearer, sparking with intensity.I expected Shub to deliver a punchline burst out laughing, admitting this was all a joke but instead his hands explored with gentle determination, tracing the contours of my face, adding an electrifying dimension to the embrace. With each caress, he uncovered a new realm of sensation. I slightly tucked onto his hair to get a better angle at his lips.

In that suspended moment, He made a choice. Breaking the kiss, he looked into my eyes, a blend of emotions mirrored in my own. "Ishu" He said softly, "this changes everything, doesn't it?"

Shub's eyes were a whole rollercoaster of feels, showing exactly how wild the new turf we'd stumbled into was.. I nodded, a subtle acknowledgment of the intimate moment. "Shub" I replied, trying to be as sincere as I could. "It does change everything, but maybe that's not a bad thing."

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠

This was like approval for him, he leaned in once again, our lips meeting once again. As the kiss deepened and our lips moved in a perfect sync, Shub's hands found their way to the small of my back, pulling me closer, as if trying to bridge any remaining gap between us. I swiftly unbuttoned his blue shirt and caressed his perfectly carved abs.

Shub pulled away, a thread of saliva delicately stretched between us, an unbroken bond that mirrored the intimacy we had shared. The residue of our intense make-out was felt in the air.

Our eyes locked, and a mutual understanding passed between us. We both needed a moment to catch our breath, the shared intensity of our encounter leaving us in a state of exhilarated vulnerability ,the strings of saliva acting as a tangible reminder of the passionate dance we had engaged in.

His eyes, filled with both a gentle touch and longing, connected with mine.. Breaking the silence, he spoke softly, "Ishu, I don't want our first time together to be rushed, just lost in the flow of the moment. You mean more to me than that."

His words hung in the air, creating a suspended pause that echoed the depth of his feelings. I looked at him, a swirl of confusion and curiosity in my eyes. "What do you mean? You've been thinking about this?" I asked, my voice a blend of surprise and eagerness.

Shub's gaze remained unwavering, his sincerity evident as he responded, "Ishu, every moment with you is special. I want it to be a deliberate choice, not an impulse."

I could feel the weight of his sentiments, and a mixture of emotions played across my face. I replied with a soft smile breaking through my initial surprise.

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠

Shub reached for my hand, his touch both comforting and electrifying. "Ishu, there's something else I want to talk to you about," he said, his eyes searching mine.

I tilted my head, intrigued. "What is it?"

A hint of nervousness crossed his features as he took a deep breath. "I'm tired of people assuming things about my personal life, especially with Sara. I've been thinking, what if we pretend to be a couple for a while? Just to put a stop to these rumours and give ourselves some space."

His unexpected proposal caught me off guard, and I blinked in surprise. "Wait, you want us to pretend to be a couple?" I asked, trying to process the unexpected turn of events.

Shub nodded earnestly. "Yes, just until people get the hint and stop shipping me with Sara."

I took a moment to absorb Shub's suggestion, contemplating the potential implications. "Pretend to be a couple?" I repeated, testing the idea. "That's an unconventional solution, Shub. Are you sure about this?"

He nodded, determination in his eyes. "Ishu, I've seen how these rumours bother you too. Plus, it's not like we're strangers. We're friends, and I trust you."

Curiosity and uncertainty lingered in my expression. "But won't pretending to be a couple complicate things?" I bit my bottom lip nervously. I liked the idea of having the world know that we belong only to each other yet there was this unsettling feeling in my stomach that made me envision the worst scenarios. What if I really fall for him and that grows a concrete wall between us?

Shub chuckled, breaking the tension with a playful grin. "Come on, Ishu, it's just a harmless act. We'll be like a dynamic duo, the superheroes of shutting down rumours. Plus, think about it – we'll have an excuse to share the most awkwardly staged couple photos."

I couldn't help but laugh at Shub's humour, feeling a bit more at ease with the situation. "You're right, Shub. A couple of photos and a sprinkle of awkwardness should do the trick."

I took a deep breath taking a moment to collect my thoughts. We went from friendly flirting to making out and we're supposed to fake date now? The worst that could happen is one of us actually falling in love but these are thoughts for another time.Despite the uncertainty, I gathered the courage and said, "Let's give it a shot."

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠

A/N : apologies for the late update but the chps will he published with a lot of gaps due to the BOARDS exam coming up 😔 will try to be more consistent 🙏 happy new year ;3