Chapter- 13

That night was very long for everyone in khan's house except Faizan, but eventually, it passed.

Maids were making breakfast for everyone. Firoze was supervising them. Owais was reading the newspaper on the lawn. Although he had open newspapers in his hands, he was lost in his thoughts . He was missing his brother and mother, even more after yesterday's incident. Safiya was the apple of their eye, and only just one week after their death, such an incident happened with her in this house. Owais was really unable to think anything. He could not let go of this matter easily, but Firoze would not let him punish Faizan. Yesterday, even after all that incident and misbehaving, Firoze was taking the side of Faizan when they were alone in their bedroom. She said, " Safiya was responsible for everything. She is already married. Why don't they send Safiya to her in-law's house?" Owais didn't let her complete her words and stopped her by saying it was not the time to talk about those. But, he also knows that,  when everyone would be together for breakfast, Firoze would definitely talk about it.

After half an hour, Faizan came downstairs from his room. His eyes were red because of the hangover. He said, " Ammi, please give me a strong coffee. I am having a severe headache.” Firoze replied, “okay my son. Please sit at the dining table. I am bringing the coffee now. I had already prepared coffee for you.” Firoze called Owais for breakfast after giving coffee to Faizan. Faizan was feeling better after having coffee. Fariya was coming downstairs along with Safiya. Safiya didn't want to come outside of her room, but because of Fariya, she had to. Firoze said, “Fariya, my baby, come for breakfast.” Fariya said, after seeing Faizan sipping coffee at the dining table, “I don't know how some people can be so shameful.” Firoze said, “Fariya, don't ruin the atmosphere of the home, just stop it.” Fariya replied,  “I am ruining the atmosphere of the home? What about your prince? Who was about to ruin Safiya's honour yesterday? Please think about Safiya, how can she eat with him at the same table. Ammi, please tell him to go from here.” This time, Firoze shouted and said, “Faizan will not go anywhere, this is his home, his home's dining table, and his family. If someone is feeling uncomfortable with him, then she can go to her in-law's house, maybe that can stop her husband's second marriage, too.” Owais said, “stop it Firoze, why are you repeating the same thing again?” Firoze said, “why should I stop? She is ruining my children's lives by staying here.” Owais said, “ Listen, we can not send Safiya to her in-law's house when they had already mentioned about divorce.  Besides that, Safiya has more rights in this house than Faizan and Fariya. Wasim bhai and I had equal shares in his house,  my shares will be divided among Faizan and Fariya, but bhai's shares will be Safiya's only, as she is his only child.” Firoze didn't say anything and went into the kitchen,  and returned with a knife pointed at her wrist. She threatened everyone, “ If Safiya doesn't leave khan's house, she will commit suicide by cutting her wrist.” Safiya said, “Chachi (aunt), please understand my condition. How can I go to my in-law’s house when their son does not want me anymore.  Why would they want me to stay there? They won't let me stay there. Please calm down and put down that knife, you will hurt yourself.” Firoze ignored all the pleadings of Safiya and said, “Owais, if you love me and want me to stay alive, then tell Safiya to go to her in-law's house Safiya, we will not deprive you of your father's property. We will pay you the half price of this house, in that way you will get your father's shares of this house.” Safiya continued her pleadings to Firoze. Owais said, “Safiya , stop pleading, your Chachi is right. If we pay you the money, with that money, you can go and live somewhere else, even if you don't want to live at your in-law's house.” Safiya asked Owais, “Chachu (uncle), are you telling me to leave your house?” Owais said, “ I love Firoze so much, and I can't risk her life.  I know how stubborn she can get. So, it's good for everyone that you leave. Pack your things,  I am going and will be back in three hours after arranging the money.” By saying these,  Owais left the house. Fariya said, “Safiya, you don't need to agree with them and go anywhere. Please stay here with me.” Safiya said, “ Fariya, don't stop me,  I am not strong enough to bear the hatred and disgust of my family, it's better to leave before things get more complicated. Chachi, don't worry, I will leave today. Please put down that knife, and eat your breakfast and blood pressure medicines timely.”

After that, Safiya went to her room to pack her things. She packed her certificates, important documents, a holy Quran and a prayer mat, which was gifted by her father on her nikkah,  her mother's jewelleries which was her mother's last memory for her, some photographs of her with her father and dadi, some clothes of her dadi and father as a token of their memory, her laptop, and some other important stuff in one suitcase. In another suitcase,  she packed all her clothes. From her teenage years, Safiya hated piling up her closet with unused and extra clothes, this habit of hers helped her today, as all her clothes were packed in one suitcase. While packing her clothes, she had also packed her nikkah dress in the suitcase of her important stuff. Her marriage was important for her, as she was not divorced yet and still married to Daniyal. All the packing took around two hours. After packing, she took a prayer mat and started praying two rakats of nafl salat after doing wudu. In her prayer, Safiya prayed for her dadi and father,  and for her family.  She said to Allah, “ Allah, perhaps this is my last prayer in this house. Please always protect the people of this house from any kind of danger. Please guide them to distinguish between right and wrong. Please always bless this house with your immense blessings.” After completing her prayer, Safiya came downstairs, two maids were helping her to bring her suitcases. They were also crying for Safiya as a person like Safiya does not deserve such behavior.

Owais had already returned. Seeing Safiya, he said to her, “ The current price of this house is 1 million US dollars. So, half of it, which is 0.5 million US dollars, is already sent to your account. Check your account, and if it's correct then sign these papers,  this paper says you are selling your shares of this house to me for 0.5 million US dollars.” Safiya checked her phone, the bank had already sent a message to her phone that 0.5 million US dollars was sent to her account from her uncle's account, thus, she signed the papers after reading them. Then, she hugged Fariya, and said salam to everyone, and left khan's house in a taxi with her bags. Safiya had already called a taxi before coming downstairs.

Assalamu Alaikum, everyone. Hope all of you are fine by the grace of Allah. This is my first ever writing. Everyone, please support and encourage me to keep writing.
Thanks in advance for your love.