Dangerous Liaisons In This Town

Lisa is running. She thinks she hears bombs in the distance but she knows she's just imagining it due to the poison. The trees look like they're melting and the ground is moving and swaying, but yet she continues to run. She thought she saw some sort of mutated human lurking behind a tree. Not long after she discovered the arrow was poisoned did she start seeing things. She first thought a bird had landed on her hand. Then she thought it was talking to her. Now she's drenched in sweat and to anyone watching from afar, probably think she's running like an idiot. It's all forest and paranoia that is flagging her brain. She wonders if this poison is actually going to kill her, or suppose to make her so disoriented that she won't know which way to get to home base. Maybe that's the tactic they were going for. Just confuse the shit out of the American soldier behind enemy lines. She has to give them props on the back, it's definitely working.

She stumbles a little and falls. Right as she falls, a clown like figure comes rushing towards her. Lisa is up in a flash and sprinting away from it once more. Deep in her mind, she knows it's not real. But it's so vivid she can't help but freak out a little. She can't help but think a clown is totally in the middle of the forest during a war coming after her. Time seems to be irrelevant as she continues running and soon she stumbles upon a quiet town. There's bombed out buildings and litter everywhere. She walks around wondering whether this is also a hallucination or if this is real. There are abandoned cars by the sidewalk. Shops have their windows broken and there's some blood littering the sidewalk and streets. Lisa furrows her brow, this seems way too vivid to be a hallucination.

Lisa continues to walk around the ghost like town. If this really isn't a hallucination, a soldier could shoot her dead and she wouldn't have time to even blink. She's way out in the open, and too mesmerized by the buildings to even contemplate being stealth. It's been months and months since she's seen a town/city. She's been surrounded by, at first the beach invasion, then nothing but wilderness. They haven't stumbled upon a city at all in their battles and missions. Lisa realizes now that it's because she's now so far into enemy territory. Their cities have been bombed but haven't been invaded yet. Or even close to being invaded. Lisa thinks she sees something coming from a building. She thought she saw someone peek their head out and then go back in. Lisa slowly makes her way over to the building but looks down at her feet. They look like they are melded into the pavement on the ground and she feels like she can't move. This must be the poison really setting in. Maybe it makes you hallucinate then is paralyzes you so your enemy can kill you. She feels the sweat from her forehead running down into her eyes. She guesses she must have a high fever once more.

Soon it almost feels like the ground is giving way. Everything is going blurry and spazzing out. She feels herself falling but she never hits the ground. Arms are around her and they are dragging her. She looks up and she's pretty positive that side profile is Jennie. Is she dead? Is her life flashing before her eyes like people say? At this point she doesn't know what's up and what's down. She especially can't tell what is real and what isn't.

The woman is dragging her towards the building she saw a head poke out of. They enter the building and they're in a stairwell. She's then picking up Lisa and carrying her up a couple flights of steps before they stop. She opens an old wooden door with numbers on it and they enter. Lisa looks around. Now this is a very vivid hallucination. It's an apartment. It's got all sorts of nick knacks and photographs of people Lisa's never seen before. There's a piano by the window and a couch in the middle of the room. The woman carries Lisa to the couch and lays her down. The fabric underneath feels very real. She leaves and Lisa can hear a faucet running. This can't be a hallucination, this is way too real to be one.

Soon the woman returns and begins dabbing Lisa's forehead. She studies Lisa's face. Lisa can't really see the woman's face clearly, her eyes fuzzy but she looks like Jennie. The hair, she can tell the woman has cat eyes. She looks like her wife.