15} Longed For Victory

[Zelos's pov]

That day on the rooftop, me and Siony were finally not in each other's throats. Of course that didn't last long, we fought again during class at the field and we're not speaking.

I've cooled off since then, and my arms have mostly healed. No, I didn't hurt myself because of that bastard, I just have some wild fuckin' mood swings.

I don't give a fuck anyways, I don't want to speak with him, but now it's the day we're supposed to perform the project...fuck.

All the students from History class dressed up in the black acrobatic uniform in the changing room. This project wasn't even a short duel, it was also a performance. We were to perform in the field during free period, and there would be spectators from other classes watching from the giant glass windows on higher stories up there.

It was a bit nerve racking, I don't do well with audiences and I'm certainly an introvert.

I placed my belongings into a locker in the changing room then twisted the lock. After I took off my clothes and slipped on the uniform, I felt someone flick my ear.

"Hey Princess!! Heard your partner's Siony, good luck falling on your face." It was Claudius. He punched my back then watched me silently wince in pain, and laughed with his friends as they passed me.

With all the shit with me and Siony I almost forgot that shithead's also in my class. Claudius just assumes that me and Siony's choreography ends with him slamming my face in the dirt like I fucking agreed prior to it.

Holy fuck.

Every step I took onto the field pumped the circulating blood in my body faster. Me and Siony weren't duelling first, but we were after a few other pairs. Just the thought of fighting him again gave me adrenaline that I couldn't control.

We all watched the first few students perform their performances, and they were all pretty good. They all planned who was going to strike when, what kind of move they were gonna make, how they'd dodge the other, who loses...me and Siony didn't.

It's not like we're fuckin' improv-ing this shit though, we're not dumbasses. We planned out basic footing and kept the battleground space in mind, the moves for the first half of our fight are all pre-thought out.

What we originally came to a consensus with was that the fight is going to start out steady and constructed, but 'as the opponents keep going at it their moves start to get more aggressive and unpredictable', as written in our report.

Neither's going down for the other, and the fact that me and him are going to finally settle this extreme tension we have while dozens of students have their eyes on us is goddamn exciting. I can't deny it anymore.

Each round flew by so rapidly and before I realized it was already me and Siony's turn.

It's normal for me to not he able to feel a thing because of how drained I am but I woke up this morning feeling like I drank a cup of tea with five hundred teabags, I was pumped full of adrenaline. The first thought I had was I'm gonna kick Siony's ass today, I have to.

Fury, restlessness, and rush surged into my veins as my hands welded into fists and we both walked closer to each other on the very center of the field.

The field was marked with white chalk, tracing a giant circle all around to show the boundaries. In old acrobatic combat, an opponent is down if they cross the boundaries, surrender, or be held in a position where they have no choice but to yield.