7

'Hey, send me the photo of you and Artemis. I want to laugh at her confusion.'

Fury waited three minutes and then Dick sent the photo and she burst out laughing. Artemis looked so shocked and disoriented.

Fury was currently sitting in the living room eating cookies and chilling when she remembered that today was Artemis' first day at Gotham Academy. Since Dick went there, Fury knew he was going to do something so she made sure to ask Barbara, a friend of theirs, what Dick did.

Once getting the information that he took a selfie, Fury immediately got Dick to send her the photo.

------

Robin, knowing Artemis was in Gotham, wanted to surprise her and went to the Zeta-Tube in an old phone box. It was the one Artemis would usually use.

She made up some lame lie as to why she was in Gotham. It would have been funny, if not for what they entered the Cave to find.

They were immediately attacked by fire, but smoke clouded their vison. Artemis and Robin ran, soon ending up in a tunnel and accessing security feeds from earlier.

"There," Robin stated as the security footage came on his screen.

"Torque wrench," KF said, holding his hand out. Miss M handed him the torque wrench.

"Thank you, Green-Cheeks," he said once it landed in his hand. That was when Aqualad approached, with Fury not far behind.

"I have been meaning to ask. Any problem juggling schoolwork with your responsibilities here?" Aqualad asked.

KF was about to answer when Fury spoke first. "Yeah, no. I dropped out of school at the end of grade 7 due to me not being "school compatible" as the school put it. My mom wholeheartedly agreed to stopping school."

She was shot questioning looks and sighed. "Well, I've been kicked out of 4 or 5 schools in a row because of my problems. Schools didn't know how to help me with ADHD and dyslexia, so they just told me that I was worthless and never gonna make it," Fury elaborated. "In the end, mom and I agreed school was shit and I had no need for it. Especially when the only career I could follow is hero work. All I've known my entire life is fighting, so I'm honestly not surprised that I couldn't handle school."

Fury then tapped something on her screen and smiled. "My new sword will be ready in a few weeks time. This is gonna be so awesome!"

She walked away slowly and then Aqualad asked about Artemis, the team deciding not to dwell on Fury's bad school record.

"Eh, she'll manage alright. I mean, how much more hostile and annoying can-?" KF started when an explosion occured right behind him.

All five were caught in the blast and then the security footage stopped.

"What happened?" Artemis asked in a frenzy.

"Explosion took out the camera. I'll find another angle," replied Robin.

Unfortunately, every camera he checked, they were all taken out.

------

Fury groaned as she felt water hitting her. She sighed as her bruises from the blast healed, but when she opened her eyes she did a double–take.

Her dagger was still at her hip in it's sheath, which means the charm she had gotten worked. It was like Riptide in the sense that the dagger would return to her when dropped or discarded.

However, she was stuck in some sort of metal welded into a prison with KF and SB next to her.

Her eyes scanned the area to see M'gann and Kaldur in a fire cage and then she looked back at the water and felt herself feel a little better with the problem.