12

Leo, Jason and Percy fought Gaia together. It had destroyed and rearranged the entire grounds of Camp Half-blood. Then Leo disappeared in a ball of fire.

Percy stayed at camp another three weeks after the war, helping with the infirmary (healing minor injuries or less critical ones with water) and other problems around. Will had had to get four people to help him so he could sedate Percy and get her to sleep for longer than eight minutes.

At the end of the two weeks she finally rummaged through her cabin for her duffle bag. She found it intact and quickly placed her thumg on the lock, opening it and finding Astron, her twin daggers, her utility belt and her suit.

This needs an update, she decided.

That was how Percy found herself making a sketch of what she wanted her new suit to look like. It now had a black, sleevelss, turtle-neck shirt that came with a mask that covered half her face (she planned to ask Bruce for the usual security features in the mask) and a dark blue trident on the front.

She left camp on August 20th, 2013.

Percy decided to visit the Manor. The summer holidays were just coming to an end, but Percy had a feeling that only Alfred would be home.

She first tried the Zeta-tube in New York.

Dam it, they removed me from the system. Must've thought I was dead, she thought with a tired sigh.

She let out a high, New York taxi cab whistle and not a moment later there was a pure black pegasus landing in front of her with a sweep of his majestic wings.

You called, boss, Blackjack greeted. Got any doughnuts?

Percy chuckled. "Hey, think you can take me to Gotham?"

Ten minutes later (Blackjack's really fast) and the promise of three dooughnuts, Blackjack landed on the gravel drive of Wayne Manor. Blackjack smoothly walked forward, stopping a few metres away from the large doors of Wayne Manor. You live here, boss?

Percy's eyes twinkling with amusment. "Come on, Blackjack, we're bound to have some doughnuts because of Dick's sugar obsession."

Blackjack didn't question anything after that. He stood behind Percy and watched as she knocked on the door.

The door was opened a few seconds later by an old man in what Blackjack assumed to be a suit, though Blackjack would have no idea because he was not in touch with mortal things.

"Hey Alfie. Did you miss me?"

Percy barely gasped when she was pulled into a hug, but she did feel shocked. Alfred rarely showed this much emotion.

"Miss Percy, you've grown since November," Alfred observed.

"Yeah. By the way, my friend her"—she pointed at Blackjack—"wants some doughnuts. Do we have any?"

Blackjack was surprised that this "Alfie" didn't show any shock at the black pegasus, he looked more happy to see Percy then be bothered to acknowledge a mythical creature.

After sending Blackjack off with a few sugarcubes and a doughnut, Percy sat at the table with a steaming cup of coffee and Alfred stading opposite her.

"How'd you know it was me?"

Alfred wasn't surprised by her question, nor did he seem particularly confused on how to answer. "I'm quite sure, Miss Percy, that no one else has a black pegasus who eats doughnuts, a trident burned into their skin and iron skin."

Percy, although no visible reaction on her face, felt herself laughing internally. Leave it to Alfred to make the perfect comment. "So what happened while I was gone?"