Chapter Forty Five: Perfectly Balanced

45. Perfectly Balanced

12-09-2023

A/N: PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!

Q: Did you have a good time throughout this fic?

-----

"Shishou has been found?!"

Your bright (E/C) widened in shock, as well as feelings of relief and joy. But despite having as many of these positive feelings, there were thoughts of dread and guilt slowly building inside of you. You thought it'd be best to tell her the story about what had happened between the two of you. You knew she'd understand. She was a calm and fair woman.

"You've got quite the face there, (Y/N)-chan. Are you upset that I interrupted your time with Senku-chan? Or... are you worried about seeing your master for the first time in a while? What's she like, anyway?" Gen asked as he walked by your side. Senku had already left to continue treating Tsukasa as much as he could.

You gave the man a sigh. "I am. She's calm and composed, though she sounds cold naturally."

"A serious figure, huh~? I'm sure you see her in high regard, but also care for her as a beloved teacher," he wondered.

"I do. I owe it to her for giving me the skills I need to fight. She taught me to value life and defend those in need and those I love. I see her the way I saw Byakuya-san. A parental figure, in a way," you said.

Gen's eyes closed into a smile. "I see. That makes me wonder how little Haru-chan got the personality they got now."

"You'll see why...one day," you sighed.

The two of you walked up a nearby hillside, where Haru had wanted their mother to be revived. You were lucky enough that it was smooth enough for your scooter to go up. There, you saw Yuzuriha finishing up the final touches of the statue before adding a white kosode and red hakama to finish it off. Haru was watching her carefully with worry, and Nikki had her hand on their shoulder to get them to relax. There were a few villagers watching from off to the side as well.

"A miko outfit looks good on her," you blurted out from behind them. You carefully looked at the statue and saw that your master looked as if she accepted her fate.

"Senpai! You're here! Took you long enough!" The kid fretted with shaky fists.

"You know damn well why I can't hurry up, brat," you lightly smacked their head, then turned to Yuzuriha and Nikki, "Sorry for all of the trouble this one gave you."

The blonde responded as she crossed her arms, "It's understandable why they'd act like this. It doesn't bother me..."

"It's really no problem!" Your bubbly friend told you with a smile as she stood up straight.

Gen then held up a small jar with what you assumed was revival fluid inside of it. He asked both you and Haru, "You two ready?"

The two of you looked at each other, then back at him with a nod. The liquid was poured over Miyamoto Mori's body. Haru was filled with anticipation as the cracks began forming, breaking apart afterward. Your friends and the other villagers noticed how much Haru looked like their mother. It was almost as if they were a carbon copy of her; from the dark hair that fell to her sides, to the shape of her eyes and the mole in the very same spot. The woman had dropped to her knees as her silver-like eyes slowly opened. Her first view of the new world was both you and Haru. The mentalist immediately started pushing everybody away to make sure the three of you talked in privacy.

"I've been asleep for a long time, haven't I? You've grown, Haru, (Y/N)-san," she stated with a cool, composed look on her face. Her voice was as calm as a running river. The air around her was still as she looked at her surroundings. "The world looks so different, yet it's as beautiful as ever."