The Park

Background Information: This is a quirk AU, similar to MHA itself. Ochako and Izuku are in their third year. The war's done, and they're finishing the rest of their years at UA. They've been dating since the beginning of their second year.

Izuku and Ochako were sitting with their friends at lunch. He takes the opportunity to ask her something.

"Ochako?" Izuku called.

"Hm?" Ochako replied since she was chewing on her sandwich.

"Wanna go on a date to the park after school? Say, around 3?" Izuku asked, taking a bit of his sandwich.

"Sure, I'd love that!" Ochako answered excitedly, giggling like a child. Izuku smiled at her cuteness. They continue eating their food and talk with the rest of the people at their table until the bell rings. They all head to class and finish the rest of the school day.

Ochako goes to her dorm room, freaking out; what would she wear? She rummaged through her closet, trying to find a casual outfit. She decided to wear black leggings and a white tank top, wearing black Converse with the outfit. She looked into her body mirror and went on her phone to pass the time while waiting for Izuku.

Izuku had no stress whatsoever; he chose black sweatpants and a green shirt, wearing his iconic red shoes with the fit. He sat on his bed and studied for upcoming exams before leaving to get Ochako.

----Later----

Izuku went to the fourth floor and knocked on Ochako's door. She opened the door, being met with him hugging her.

"You look so pretty," Izuku complimented, making Ochako blush. She thought it was weird how she got flustered more than he did since he always got nervous around everyone when he first joined UA. He was even more apprehensive when they started dating because he didn't know how to act. Now, he was an expert at the whole relationship thing, and so was she, but sometimes she didn't expect his praises.

"And you look so handsome," Ochako praised back, returning Izuku's hug. He kissed her forehead, grabbing her hand.

"You ready to leave?" Izuku asked, making sure Ochako didn't forget anything.

"I'm ready, are you?" Ocako returned, making sure Izuku didn't forget anything.

"All set," Izuku replied, leading him and Ochako out of the dorms and UA itself, walking hand in hand to the park. Once they did, they noticed no one else was there.

"No way we get the park all to ourselves," Ochako said in disbelief. It was always packed, so it shocked her.

"I guess so," Izuku answered, sitting on the bench as he looked at the sun. The days were long. The sun would set around 9 P.M., which is late.

"I'll race you to the swings!" Ochako shouted as she ran, laughing.

"No fair! You got a head start!" Izuku hollered back, running after Ochako. He powered One for All through his legs before speeding past her.

"Hey, no fair! You used your quirk!" Ochako pouted, crossing her arms.

"You got a head start, though?" Izuku laughed out, sitting on the swing. He sat there, looking at Ochako.

"What?" Ochako questioned.

"Push me," Izuku said. Ochako gave him an 'Are you for real?' facial expression before sighing and pushing him. He started laughing like a little kid, swinging himself back and forth. She smiled at him. He looked so happy it made her content as well.

"You're such a kid," Ochako said, smiling as she face-palmed, shaking her head.

"I know!" Izuku shouted since he was high in the air. Ochako got on one of the swings and started swinging herself. They both started talking and laughing before her legs got tired.

"I'm gonna go sit on the bench," Ochako stated in a tired tone. She got off the swing as Izuku tried slowing the swing he was on so he could go with her.

"I'm coming!" Izuku yelled as he finally got off the swing, running to catch up to Ochako like a little kid. Once he caught up to her, he held her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. They made eye contact, smiling at each other.

"I love you," Ochako said.

"I love you too," Izuku replied. He kissed Ochako on the cheek before they gave each other a quick peck on the lips. They reached the benches and sat down, talking about the upcoming exams. Then, she had an idea.

"Let's play tag without our quirks!" Ochako said excitedly since Izuku's quirk would help him because it gave him speed. She wanted to win against him for once. She looks at him, who smiles and nods. Their eyes were beaming. They were like little kids, having fun with each other as if they had nothing to worry about. Unlike now, they have so much work to do and worry about other adult things.

"Okay, I'm gonna go run. Give me a 10-second head start," Ochako told Izuku as she stood up. He wanted to argue but decided to be it anyway. He nodded, counting to 10 aloud so she could hear him. She ran as fast as she could, going to the slides and hiding inside one of them. He couldn't see which one since she had chosen one of the slides on the farther side of the park.

"9... 10! Okay, I'm coming for you, Ochako!" Izuku screamed as loud as he could. Meanwhile, Ochako hid in one of the slides, thinking of all the possibilities and ways he could catch her. She desperately did not want to be found because if she were tagged, she wouldn't be able to get him back. Even without his quirk, he's a fast runner, and she knew that. She heard running and stopped thinking. Her eyes were wide, and she held her breath.

"Ochako,~ where are you?~~" Izuku said, all song-like. Ochako got worried. She kept looking from the start of the slide to in front of her since he could go up the slide to catch her. She heard banging on her slide, knowing it was him.

"Are you in here?~" Izuku questioned, keeping his tone. Ochako got scared. She then heard someone climbing up the slide she was currently in. It was a subtle movement, but she noticed it due to all the hero training she's had over the years at UA. She climbed to the beginning of the slide as fast as she could, trying to find somewhere else to hide. There were no other places, and the other good hiding spots were on the other end of the park where she and he were hanging out.

Ochako ran as fast as she could, looking behind her. There, Izuku was, in all his glory, chasing after her. Her eyes widened as she tried to run faster, pushing the limit of her little legs. But, she tripped from her untied shoelaces. She noticed they were untied as she tried hiding into the slide but didn't think to tie it since she'd make so much noise.

"Eek!" Ochako squealed out as she started falling to the ground, face first.

"Ochako!" Izuku shouted before catching Ochako. She looked up at him and chuckled.

"What? You almost fell! Are you okay?" Izuku asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I am, don't worry," Ochako replied as she continued laughing. She turned in Izuku's arms to where she was facing him and calmed down. They looked at each other. He pulled her in closer, kissing her. He let go of her and stared right at her.

"You know, it'd be a bad omen if you fell," Izuku said, reenacting his and Ochako's first meet. She laughed harder than before due to him being right on point. He chuckled a bit, too. They both calmed down from their laughing fit and fixed themselves.

"You're it, Ochako!" Izuku said as he ran away from Ochako as fast as he could.

"Ugh! Fine! I'll give you 10 seconds!" Ochako screeched since Izuku was very far from her. She counted out loud so he could hear her.

"9... 10! Okay, I'm coming!" Ochako shouted out as the two played tag for the rest of their time at the park.

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you all are doing well. So.. I don't know if I'm going to be able to upload anything next week because I'm going on vacation, but I'll try to write some and schedule their upload so I'm not off track with uploads and not have to worry about it because of the tests I have coming up. Anyway, I do and don't know what to write next. I have many title ideas but don't know what to write for each. I'll figure that out over time, though.

1,416 Words