Party Stress Part 1

Background Information: This is a quirk AU, similar to MHA itself. Izuku and Ochako began dating near the start of their second year. It's halfway through their second year. Momo's hosting a party at her house since they have a week off due to the intense training they've done this week. This is from when the pair wake up to leaving for the event.

Izuku awoke from his sleep, dreading the day ahead. A party; gosh, he hates parties. Izuku, being himself, is still the anti-social kid he's been since birth. He only did it for his girlfriend, Ochako. Ochako, who was still fast asleep, was dreaming about the event. Ochako is outgoing and loves parties. The flashing lights, music, drinks, dancing, everything.

Izuku woke up and went to his bathroom to do his daily hygiene. Afterward, he went to the common area. He went on his phone and talked to his classmates while waiting for Ochako to wake up.

Ochako stirred from her slumber, opening her eyes after what felt like a light year, and looked around her room. She got up and went to brush her teeth and shower. Once she finished freshening up, she went downstairs, taking the view in front of her. Izuku sat at the kitchen counter on a barstool, scrolling on his phone as her classmates sat on the green couches and conversed. Ochako hugged Izuku from behind, surprising Izuku. He turned his phone off and put it face down. He struggled but managed to get up from his chair to turn around and return the embrace, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Good morning, beautiful," Izuku said as he ran his fingers through her straight brown hair. Ochako closed her eyes, feeling relaxed.

"Good morning, Deku," Ochako returned, smiling as they hugged each other tighter. She left the hug so she could greet the others. They chatted amongst themselves before Ochako went to the kitchen to make pancakes for everyone, Izuku following to help. When they finished, they put the pancakes on plates and gave them to everyone that wanted. The pair went to a secluded corner and ate. When they finished, they put their dishes in the sink. The two did their daily routines and spent time with each other before the time for them to get ready for the party came.

Izuku and Ochako were in Ochako's room. Ochako wanted to get ready with Izuku, knowing he'd never get anything done since he'd be stuck in his thoughts the whole time. She was correct; Izuku was pacing back and forth, shaking like crazy, while Ochako stood in front of her bathroom mirror, doing her skincare to prepare her face for her makeup. Izuku's social anxiety got the best of him as he thought about being in a public space. Ochako looked at him through her mirror and saw how worried he was. She stopped what she was doing and sighed.

"Izuku, please don't be scared. I'll be with you the whole time, I promise. The people going like and would never think lowly of you. I wouldn't have asked you to come with me if I knew you wouldn't handle it well," Ochako said, trying to calm Izuku down. Clearly, he was still nervous because he was ignoring her. Ochako turned around, walked to Izuku, and faced him, stopping him in his tracks. She reached for his hands and held them, massaged his knuckles, and noticed that his hands were shaking less than before. She frowned.

"If it's this bad, I don't think you should go. I hate seeing you like this, and I don't want you to be uncomfortable in a place where you're supposed to be enjoying yourself," Ochako told Izuku, looking at his panic-filled eyes, which filled with guilt and became calmer the second she finished her sentence.

"No, I know, it's just- there's going to be so many people, especially ones that could judge me..." Izuku replied, mumbling his last sentence as he began trembling again. He felt terrible since Ochako was so excited to go with him, and now he was freaking out last minute.

"Izuku, no one's gonna think of you differently, especially me, and I know you know that. Please be honest. Do or do you not wanna go to the party?" Ochako questioned. Izuku looked into her mesmerizing, chocolate-brown eyes, Ochako staring right back into his forest green eyes as he thought of an answer.

"Okay, I'll go get ready," Izuku answered, the fear leaving him after what felt like years.

"Thank you for the comfort," Izuku added, pulling her into an embrace, arms wrapped around her waist as she snaked her arms around his neck. He kissed her soft, light pink lips. Ochako kissed back, trying to get as close to him as she could. They pulled apart, foreheads touching, staring into each other's eyes. They laughed at the situation before Izuku left the hug and went to her bed to grab the outfit he'd prepared. Ochako went to her mirror to finish her face.

Izuku wore his ripped blue jeans, plain white shirt, and iconic red shoes. Ochako continued to do her skincare, and once she finished, she went to her closet and put on her white crop top, ripped blue jeans, and red All-Star Converse to match Izuku. She went to her bathroom and put light makeup on, such as foundation, blush, mascara, highlighter, and gloss.

When she finished, she left her bathroom and saw Izuku on his phone, waiting at the door, and noticed he was texting someone.

"Who're you texting?" Ochako questioned.

"The boys in our boys-only group chat. They said we should meet up with them and the girls at the entrance doors so we could all walk together," Izuku replied.

"Alright," Ochako said.

She grabbed her purse and put some makeup in it so she could touch up her makeup if she had. She put her bag around her shoulder and walked to Izuku, getting on her tippy toes to kiss him on the cheek before they held hands and left, Ochako locking the door behind them. They met up with the others at the entrance doors before they all left for Momo's house.

A/N: Hey everyone! Happy New Year! Hope you all will have an amazing year! I start school on Wednesday and I haven't slept earlier than 3 A.M. this whole break so pray for me. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Writing the next part right now because I have nothing better to do.

1,074 Words