1.2

THE NEXT DAY

Schlatt was still nursing his headache the next day. It was a miracle he had managed to finish all the paperwork that day, and so he was back at the office ready to continue. He was in a much better mood now though, especially after a good night's sleep.

Quackity could be a very annoying person. Maybe even a little stupid at times. But he was determined that today would be different. Instead of fighting with him, he would actually listen to what he had to say. And, even if it didn't seem like it, he actually cared about Quackity deeply.

An hour later

Quackity walked into Schlatt's office

"Hey?"

"Hello."

Schlatt gave an unenthusiastic wave. It may not seem like it, but this was him being nice. Previously, he would have screamed at Quackity. Now, he was actually going to listen to him. He wanted to hear what Quackity had to say.

"About that night. I think we both think it was a mistake and out of line and it's good that we came to our senses in the right moment"

Quackity said trying to make it less awkward that it probably would be

"Yeah, we got a bit out of hand, I guess."

That might haven't been the understatement of the century, but it was better than nothing. Schlatt had decided to be nicer to Quackity today.

"And I do owe you an apology for yesterday."

Schlatt let out a sigh. He wasn't looking forward to apologizing to Quackity, but he knew it had to be done. He wanted to put an end to all the bickering between them, and he could tell that yesterday had offended Quackity quite a bit. It was his responsibility to apologize.

"Why? The guns idea was stupid anyway"

Quackity raised an eyebrow

"You're right - it was. But I shouldn't have shouted at you like that, even if your plan was idiotic."

Schlatt was trying his best at this point to be as nice to Quackity as possible, no matter how much it annoyed him.

"This is what I was going to apologize for... your stupid idea - that's on you. But me yelling at you? That's on me."

He was hoping that Quackity would forgive him for that now. Being mean to Quackity didn't feel right.

"Alright, you're forgiven"

Quackity smiled again

"Thank you Quackity"

Schlatt was a little surprised at how well the apology was going.

He'd expected to have to yell at Quackity again today. But, this? This was nice.

Schlatt was glad that Quackity was forgiving of him, and that he was allowing him to make things right with him. He hadn't been trying to hurt him in any way yesterday, and so he wanted to make sure Quackity knew that he was sorry.