1.8

Quackity didn't want to talk with Schlatt for the following days

It was clear he was mad and Schlatt knew damn well why

Schlatt knew why, yet he tried to forget about the fact that he'd hurt someone. He just wanted to move on. He wanted to pretend that it didn't happen. He wanted to go about his day and ignore what he'd done. And that's exactly what he did. No point crying over spilt milk.

For the next couple of days, Quackity and Schlatt didn't talk. They were both clearly uncomfortable talking to each other. It all felt so weird now. Even though Schlatt didn't want to talk to Quackity anymore, he felt this weird guilt in his heart.

One of the winer days Quackity needed to give Schlatt his finished paperwork

He garbbed it and walked through the halls

Schlatt was in his office, having just finished giving a speech and getting praise. He knew that the paperwork would come sooner or later. So, when he heard a knock on the door, he knew that Quackity was there with the paperwork. He took a deep breath, before opening the door.

"Come in, ducky."

Schlatt said, with a smile. He was acting like nothing happened. He did this because he just wanted everything to be normal.

"My name isn't 'ducky', besides it's annoying and I Don't have time for stupid things like love!"

Quackity said mimickin Schlatt

Schlatt laughed when he heard Quackity speak in his same manner. He was honestly kind of happy to hear it. But, he knew that Quackity was still mad.

"Okay... Fine. I'm going to stop saying that. But, can we at least be civil to each other?"

Schlatt asked. Even if they weren't going to be friends anymore, he at least wanted their conversations to be friendly. He hoped that this would help Quackity not be as mad. He knew that he owed Quackity some sort of apology.

"Hm....no! You've blindfooled me"

Quackity gave Schlatt the papers and walked out of the older's man office

"It's not like that. Please, Quackity! Just hear me out!"

Schlatt was clearly frustrated that the situation was now like this. He was mad at himself, but he was mad at Quackity too. But, he didn't want to show it, as he didn't want to make the situation even worse.

"Just... just come back and I'll explain everything, okay?"

Schlatt said. He sounded desperate. He wanted Quackity to know the truth right now. This was clearly bothering him.

"Yeah yeah sure! Just to hear that you got bored of me after our first date!"

Quackity crossed his arms

"That's not what I'm going to tell you."

Schlatt said. He was being dead serious now. He wanted to tell Quackity the truth. He felt like it was just time for the truth. If Quackity got even more angry because of this, that would be fine with Schlatt.

"Just come back so I can explain everything, okay?"

He tried to make this sound as convincing as possible. He wanted Quackity to believe that he genuinely had something important to say.

Quackity sighed and walked back into the ram's office

Schlatt closed the door and looked at Quackity.