36

OMNISCIENT
¥

"So he damn near know everything?"

"Basically." Jilly nodded while she sat in Milo's car as he drove her back to her car.

"What was your response to all that?"

"I ain't know nothing. I ain't show fear, I kept it cool."

"I gotta figure something out."

"All this shit lead back to Jd, once that nigga dead it ain't nobody to lead all of it back to."

"I can't be the one to do that shit though, then they gone dig deeper into both of us."

"Where's Masami?" Jilly questioned since she wasn't in the car and she specifically told him to not leave her with Neliah.

Jilly herself didn't have no bad blood towards her, she just still wanted to be safe when it came to her baby because you never know with people.

Milo was quiet as he continued to drive which answered Jilly's question.

"You fucking up Milo.. I'll literally cut you out her life with no fucks given."

"I know how you feel about that but this was the first time I ever left her and it's only because she was sleep and I was trynna rush to get you."

"And if you see how good Neliah is with her then you wouldn't even feel like that."

"I don't care how good a bitch is to my baby, if i don't want her left with her then that's what it is, i ain't about to drag this cause i understand this time but don't get comfortable."

Milo left the conversation alone as he continued to drive— in silence; a real loud silence though.

At first he felt where she was coming from when she first told him about those boundaries but now he was starting to think it was stupid and selfish really because of the fact that he sees for himself that Neliah isn't a threat to the baby.

He was starting to think she was just jealous although that was not the case in her mind.

A few minutes went by before they pulled up to where her car was left when she was pulled over.

He parked the car and leaned back waiting for her to exit, but when she didn't he looked over and seen her just sitting there staring at him.

"Wassup?"

"Do you have a problem with what I said?"

"Leave it alone Jilly, I ain't even say nothing." He tried to dead the conversation because her dragging it was only going to make him angry.

"I know you didn't and that's the problem, so i'm just trying to see if it's an issue?"

"I just feel like you overdoing it. If we coparenting you should be able to accept who i'm with, that girl ain't got none of that crazy shit you thinking— in her heart and I know that for a fact. I know you probably don't wanna take her word for it but I do.. If you meet another nigga which you won't then I would accept him around my baby, unless he actually did some weird shit that's gone make me reconsider that."

"I see where you coming from, but as a first time mom on top of someone who just went through so much shit.. You gotta see where i'm coming from too."

"I do, trust me I do.. You just gone have to ease up though, she gone always be in good hands."

Jilly nodded her head and started to see it all in a different point of view, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to let up on that whole thing.

"I'm sorry.." She spoke as she looked down at her fingers and fiddled around with them.

"Don't be. I don't think you wrong, i just want you to chill out a little bit. Feel me? I want you to be comfortable when she in me and Neliah's presence same as I am when she is in yours. I think you forgetting we both want the same thing for her and that's safety."

"Yeah but i just don't want you being blind to things that may be fishy because she's your girlfriend— anybody is capable of anything and that's all I want you to understand. I ain't gone keep doing the most about you leaving Masami with her— you trust her and i'm trusting you. I just hope you know what you doing."

Milo nodded in understanding of what she was saying, they were both on the same page and that was the most important thing.

"I'll see you later." She hopped out of the car and got into her own.

¥

"Where you went?" Neliah spoke as soon as Milo walked through the door.

She was sitting on the couch, holding Masami as well as feeding her a bottle.

"You be questioning me like you my PO or something." He scrunched his face up, "I had to go help Jilly though."

Neliah looked back and forth between him and the baby, "The only thing you should be helping her with is right here with me so what exactly was you doing?"

"She was at the police station."

Neliah's attitude changed and she became genuinely concerned, "Why? Is she okay?"

"She straight." He didn't go into too much detail.

"Want me to get her?" He walked towards them with his arms open.

"We good." Neliah blocked his way, she was enjoying the time she was spending with the baby.

"Oh okay then." He backed up, holding his hands up in a surrendering manner, "i'm bout to go shower and shit while you on step mama duties." He joked which made her crack a little smile while he walked off to the bedroom.

The step mama jokes didn't bother her not one bit, she had no problem playing that role as long as it meant she could be with Milo.

"Do me a favor.." Milo came back into the living room.

"What?" Neliah looked up at him.

"Text Jilly from your phone so she have your number."

"Um.." She furrowed her eyebrows, "What would she need my number for?"

"It might come a time where you need to call her or some shit if you ever got a question and vice versa for her, she might wanna check in if i ain't around."

"Direct communication so shit don't never get misconstrued between any of us.." He added.

Neliah sighed while unlocking her phone, "What's the number?"

Milo gave it to her and then walked off again, leaving Neliah sitting there in her thoughts and feeling some way even though there wasn't really a reason to.

——

Yall prefer the pov's like this or first person ?