11. Swear it

CW for this chapter: I don't know if I have to, but consider this a TW for DV. It's not mentioned, it doesn't happen. But please know there's some "violence" in this chapter. You'll get it. Jos Verstappen. Homophobia. Blackmail.

Charles Leclerc

As he slowly wakes up, the world around him feels warm and secure. He's got a warm chest pressed against his back and gentle snores being huffed out against the back of his neck. Charles just smiles- pushing back closer against Max. They actually... did it, Charles almost giddy at the thought.

He tries not to laugh, but instead smiles a little wider at the thought of what they'd done yesterday and how it had ended- with Max needing to shower to get rid of the evidence of their time together. It was fun- exciting and so new. It didn't have to be any more or less- the time would come when they'd feel ready for more.

The room smells good, of soft clean linen. Charles stretches out a little and opens his eyes some to look around the room. It's bathing in the golden light of the winter sun outside and it's spreading a nice heat around the room, but Charles guesses that might also be the man laying behind him.

Charles reaches back carefully, to feel a hand down Max's forearm- he feels his hot skin, the hairs down his arm and the way that it's so securely holding him. Charles then smiles just some as he feels Max stir and let out a little low groan from behind him.

"Morning, Maxie... I'm sorry, couldn't help but to touch you. We don't have to get up..." He whispers and he only just gets a heavy sigh in return- the Red Bull driver clearly not yet ready to wake up or speak.

But Charles doesn't mind, just touching to the others arm some more and feeling over the way that Max's hand almost protectively holds around his stomach. Where Charles before used to feel a little insecure about being held this way... all he feels now is peace. Max is holding him for comfort and he's sleeping so peacefully. Charles couldn't imagine disturbing him just because of the way he's squeezing his stomach.

Instead he takes a breath, reaching for his phone where it lays on the night stand beside him- scrolling through it for a few minutes. He sees a few racing videos and then a picture or two of puppies- shamelessly saving a few of them to a folder for his dream pet. He'd always wanted a dog. He smiles as Max makes a little gruffed soft sound behind him- jokingly thinking to himself that he'd in a way gotten himself one now, with how Max was holding him and protecting him.

One big Dutch Shepherd.

But then he sees something that he isn't even sure is real.

Charles sits up abruptly- pushing himself up on his elbow and Max whines from behind him- gripping at his stomach and then his chest, trying to get Charles to lay down next to him again.

"It's cold, Charles... please, come cuddle." Max almost whimpers out and where Charles would've normally joked with him and told him that it's actually 14 degrees Celsius out today and that it's not cold for December? He just stays silent. Charles does a doubletake on the picture he's seeing, he then clicks on the hashtags in the posts and then finally takes a little shaky breath.

"Max..." He speaks up, in a tone that it seems the Dutch driver knows- because Max is sitting up a little as well this time.

"What? You said we didn't have to get up, Charlie..." Max places a few small and soft kisses to the back of Charles' neck, nosing into his hair to get a breath of his scent- but Charles can tell when Max sees the picture that's on his screen. The man behind him gets stiff and Max comes to snatch his phone from his hands.

"What the fuck..." Max whispers and the man gets up, in only his boxers with Charles phone in hand and he more or less runs out of the room. Charles gets up as well, getting himself into his sleep shirt and some sweats before he's hurrying after Max. Once he gets to the living room he can see the sleepy and puffy faced man with both his own and Charles phone in hand- seemingly scrolling through them both.