01 | ghost house

Now Playing:

    Dancing with your ghost -- Sasha Alex Sloan
0:01  ❍─────────────────────────────── 4:28
  ↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺

There were rumors going around that the house a few blocks across Marcus' house was haunted.

That a girl had died in that antique home, way back when Wellsbury was still in its younger days.

And as a kid, Marcus believed those rumors. For one, his bedroom window faced the house perfectly, giving him a clear view of the second floor window. Where he could see through the mesh curtains and catch a glimpse of the ghost of house 313.

But as he grew older, the house shifted and changed. It no longer looked haunted to the boy, in fact, in looked lonely.

Although he still believed in what he saw as a child, he wasn't as terrified as he once was.

He didn't quiver or hide under his blanket when he saw the bedroom light flicker in the house, nor did he run past the house with his eyes closed every time he was close to it.

Instead, he was drawn to go inside. His curiosity growing the more he thought about it. Wondering what secrets could it hold, what's the true story behind it.

One day, he told himself, One day, I'll find out what's inside that house.

Little did he know that the secrets of house 313 goes far more deeper than just a ghost of a girl.

...

Olive Albrecht was the offspring of a powerful heiress and a well-known headmaster of a prestigious academy.

But none of that mattered.

Not if you were their illegitimate child.

And she was constantly reminded of this. No breath from her realtives weren't spent on reminding her that she doesn't belong there. That she doesn't belong with the family that shares her blood.

There was a time where Olive despised the fact she was nothing but a mistake, an offspring of an affair.

But the longer she spent with her so-called relatives, the more she became grateful that she didn't belong.

They were conniving snakes that fear the idea of being tainted by, as they called, dirty blood. Failing to see that their own was far more tainted than they'd imagine.

Regardless, her parents wrapped their skin with shame and placed their guilt on her. In efforts to rid of it, they tried to feed her with happiness. Spoil her enough, hoping she would forget the reason of her existance.

But Olive was far too smart for that.

So, unable to face the truth, to accept the consequences of their actions, they dumped her.

In a rich, snotty, town in Massachusetts, called Wellsbury.

And for the next 6 years, Olive had to learn how to live on her own. How to survive.

She doesn't hate it, or she tries to convince herself she doesn't.

She was homeschooled by the best teacher ever, she could learn whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted to, and she didn't have to deal with awful relatives bullying her every moment they got.

This should be the life. It should be.

All she needed now was two loving parents.

But apparently that was harder than getting her every luxury she could ask for.