04 | choices were made

Now Playing:

People pleaser -- Wallows
0:01 ❍─────────────────────────────── 4:47
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

The following day, Olive hasn't left Marcus' mind, clouding his every thought, every second. He wanted to be friends with her. This was strange as Marcus usually would want to just hook up with someone like Olive and he wasn't the biggest fan of friendships, yet he yearned to be her friend.

So for the first time, he actually looked forward to going to school, with the hopes he would find the brunette there. He felt foolish for even feeling giddy about the entire thing but Marcus couldn't deny that he was genuinely excited to see her. There was something about Olive's blunt personality that gave Marcus's dreary, messy life light.

While he was walking around the hallway, he looked around hoping to find the brunette but had no avail. Eventually, he just gave up and skipped class.

Olive on the other hand was getting dragged to a bunch of clubs to join.

"Hi, you're Olive, right? I'm Bracia, I represent leadership and maybe you're interested in joining?" Bracia asked, handing Olive a little pamphlet.

She seems nice and maybe it wouldn't hurt to join a leadership thing, whatever this is.

Olive looked up, smiling at Bracia, "Sure, why not? How do I sign up?" Bracia practically gleamed the moment Olive said yes before pulling out a piece of paper.

"Just sign here," Olive signed the paper, handing it back to her, Bracia smiled brightly, "We have a meeting this Thursday in the cafeteria after school, can't wait to see you there!"

Olive was still rather dazed at what just happened, after all, it happened so quickly.

I guess I have meetings to attend now... fun... I shouldn't have joined.

Olive hunched down in frustration and regret but what could she do now?

"Hey, Olive!" Maxine called over from their tree in the hallway, beckoning the brunette to come over. And for a moment Olive calculated how she could escape the situation, until of course, she spotted Aspen in Maxine's chokehold, begging for her help.

Sighing, Olive begrudgingly walked over to the strange friend group she had gotten entangled with.

"Soo, I was thinking You and Ginny should come over to my place after school, to do homework or whatever," Maxine said, eyeing both Ginny and Olive hoping the two would say yes.

"Actually, n-"

"Oli would love that," Aspen butted in, finally breaking from the chokehold he was in, wrapping an arm around Olive.

"Pen, what the fu-"

"Please, I was invited too, please Oli, I'll treat you to Chinese food tonight I promise," Aspen whispered, begging Olive to give him a chance.

Olive rolled her eyes before directing a smile to Maxin. "Sure, I'd love to," she said through her teeth.

But I want to go home and watch the great British bake off@!!

Olive almost wanted to just bolt out of there, her house wasn't that far away actually but before she could even turn around, Aspen was quick to wrap an arm around her shoulder and drag her inside the house.

"I hate you so much," Olive bellowed while Aspen only chuckled.

"Love you too, Oli."

Maxine led them to her room, Olive took one glance at the entire room before claiming a seat on the window bench.