02 | Welcome to high school

Now Playing:

Let it happen -- Tame Impala
0:01 ❍─────────────────────────────── 7:47
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

Even though Olive Albrecht was going to be attending a real school, a nightmare she had been dreading, what was more embarrassing for her was the reaction her best friend made after she told him the news.

"OLIVE ALBRECHT IS GOING TO A HIGH SCHOOL!," Aspen rejoiced, kneeling on the carpet as if he had just seen the supernatural.

"I must be blessed by the gods to live to see this day unfold," he breathed out from his fit of laughter.

Olive only stood there in irritation, not knowing what else to say as she had accepted her defeat.

A school. She thought to herself. It sounds horrid. Like the water from a mop bucket, or the gunk coming from a sewer.

She simply couldn't fathom the idea that a school in her town was the worst of all the other schools Aspen attended.

She would know, after doing Aspen's homework since their friendship began, she knew the quality of their education. Wellsbury High was by far the most boring school there is.

Specifically AP English. She could see why Aspen always practically begged her to do his homework for that class.

Now she has to take that class herself, and do double the work. 'Cause even if she was going to school with Aspen now, the boy would still beg her to do his homework.

Aspen then finally calmed down from his fit, sat back down on the sofa, and chuckled, "My gosh, Oli, what was your mother on now? Enrolling you to school? It's a call for help."

What Aspen meant was that her mother must have been going through financial struggles to resort to enrolling Olive in a normal high school instead of funding her tutors.

Well, her father usually funded them but Olive supposed that wasn't the case anymore.

"Bet," Olive stood up, "Damn it, now I have to do boring homework like you," she complained, grabbing two bottles of beer from the fridge.

"Cheers to our impending doom," she toasted.

"Okay but seriously I'm gonna die in that school," Olive complained whilst making dinner, Aspen watching a movie on the laptop in the kitchen aisle.

"Please," Aspen scoffed, "Trust me, you'll do great at school," The boy tried to comfort, eyes not leaving the screen

"Academically speaking," Olive added.

"Yup."

"How about socially?" Olive turned to Aspen with a skeptical look.

He chuckled nervously, looking up, "Oh you're dead meat."

"Great.."

The next two days went by in a blur for Olive, and before she even knew it, it was already Monday and her first day in class had finally arrived.

And Olive couldn't even lift a finger off her bed.

Aspen had already welcomed himself into the Albrecht residence, a few minutes left till classes started, only to find Olive still fast asleep.

Aspen stomped to her bed and grabbed the edges of her duvet, yanking it off her, "Wake up, b***h! Or we'll be late for school!"

Olive, unfortunately, was swept along the duvet and fell face-first on the floor cartoonishly.