03 | Cutting class & taking names

Now Playing:

Close to you -- Dayglow
0:01 ❍─────────────────────────────── 3:14
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

The thing is Olive couldn't remember much about what she just did with the random boy in the hallway but for bored Olive it was enough to give her an energizer.

"Hi, you're Olive right?" A girl wearing pink popped beside Olive, taking her by surprise.

"Yeah. Hi?"

"I'm Maxine, this is Ginny. Wanna join us for lunch?"

"Oi, Oli!" Aspen called out from down the hallway, catching the attention of the other two girls. Maxine turned to Olive in shock.

"You know Aspen Harada!?" Olive looked at the excited girl indifferently.

"Yeah, why?" Olive paused, before smirking, "Is he famous or something?"

Maxine scoffed at Olive, convinced she was joking, "Uh yeah, He's like a celebrity here, his parents are absolute billionaires, and look at him, he's like uber hot."

Olive held her tongue, she had never heard Aspen be complimented this much. She only knew him as a lazy geek who loved anything fiction and junk food.

"Yeah, absolutely."

Aspen finally reached where they were, Maxine and Ginny looking away bashfully.

"You're a popular kid, ay?" Olive teased, and Aspen smacked his face.

"Did you tell her that, Maxine?" He groaned, and Maxine giggled.

"Maybe..." Aspen raised his brow at her, "Oh come on, I wasn't even lying."

"Oh but she'll be using it against me for the rest of my life," Aspen exclaimed, doomed.

Olive let out an even chuckle, "You know me so well, Pen."

The four of them walked to the cafeteria and sat down with the rest of the group.

Maxine was quick to introduce the new girls, "Hey, so this is Ginny and Olive, they're in my AP English class and they are like so cool so be nice to them or else I'll stop speaking to all of you."

Aspen gently pushed Maxine aside, "Alright, enough you dramatic baby."

He then turned to Olive, "What do you want to eat?"

"Please, I can bet you a hundred bucks that you already know what I want."

"Deal." Aspen immediately ran to get food, refusing to let Olive change her mind.

Olive realized too late and slammed her head on the table, "Damn it that's the third bet this month."

"So..." Maxine and the others were now staring at Olive, "You and Aspen..."

Olive stared back at them before blinking, realizing what they meant, "Oh ew! We are not dating, Aspen is like a brother to me. A twin brother even."

"Bluegh, I promise you, you do not want to have a twin brother, sometimes I wish I killed my twin in the womb," Maxine commented before finally taking a seat beside Ginny.

"Anyway, Ginny!" Olive changed the topic, "Where are you from?"

"How did you know I'm not from here?" Ginny asked.

Olive's eyes widened, she couldn't explain that she had been observing the girl since AP English, her teachers always said it was creepy.

"Just a guess, I'm quite good," She explained.