chapter ten (adult content)

KING LANCE McCOLIN

Brandy swirled in the crystal glass. The liquor not enough to drown the blood lust and pain. The file on his worn oak desk lay scattered across the table. The one woman who had the nerve to hide from him. The only woman who could feed the flames of is inner demons and keep them buried deep within him. Is dead. Now they are telling him that her daughter never had a father and is the reason why she is dead!

He swallowed the liquor in in one toss, his anger building. A knock on his office door irritated him and he threw the glass across the room. It shattered on the door frame.

“I ordered everyone to stay away! Unless you want to die leave me alone!” King Lance shouted.

A small whispered cry came from the other side of the door. “I’m sorry my lord. They found the girl.” The small house keeper rung her hands in her apron standing away from the door.

Lance tensed. They found her. His daughter. The missing piece of the puzzle. His hands slammed palm down on the desk, rattling the papers. His eyes landed on the picture of Windy Flynn. Would the girl look like her mother or would she resemble himself. He stood sending his chair crashing into the wall behind him.

“Have the board room ready in ten minutes. Have my captains and Beta join me in fifteen minutes. Those who are late will be punished!”  King Lance yelled, his hand closing around the brandy decanter.

With no mate and no children King Lance’s only hope for an heir lay with a girl he’s never met. A daughter kept away from him by a runaway slave girl. A slave girl who could have been his mate, his queen. He swiped his desk clean with an angry growl. The decanter still grasped in his fist. Papers and items scattered across the room. His anger hiding his true feelings of pain and hurt. All this time he believed her alive and she was dead. He looked at the glass in his hand and with a painful yell he threw it at the wall.

Glass shattered and flew around the room. Liquor coated the wall and pooled on the floor. His silver eyes bloodshot from unshed tears and rage. That pack will never see the light of day again for letting her die. His mind traveled back to the child. His child. A child he would bring home.

Lance stormed to his office door snatching it open. He met the empty hallway with a growl and he quickly made his way to the meeting room. His captains and Beta would be waiting and if they were not it would be their last day on earth.

The door swung open hitting the wall with a thud. My Beta Tyler sat watching me closely. The look on his face tells me I won’t like what he has to say.

Everyone of my captains sat nervously. The moment my foot steps into the room everyone stands bowing low in respect.

I move to my seat at the head of the table and with a flick of my wrist everyone sits down.

“Now tell me. Where is my daughter and why is she not here!” I growl at the group in front of me.

MARILYN

The smell of sandalwood and clover surrounded her, the warm touch of his hand traveling her spine made her body catch fire. His lips met hers and she woke with a moan of pleasure. He took this chance to deepen his kiss, sliding his tongue into her mouth. She didn’t hold back and met his in a battle of passion. Her soft moans filled the air and in one swift move she lay on her back under him. His lips left hers and traveled down her throat stopping at the most sensitive spot between her shoulder and neck. He held himself back and slowly licked the spot and softly sucked at the skin. He moved down trailing kisses to her chest. His hand traveling up her inner thigh spreading her legs so he could settle between them.

She arched her back and he cursed the dress she has on. His eyes met hers and the swirls of pleasure made her eyes glow the bright silver he knew her wolf possessed. With a soft growl he kissed along the fabric blocking him from going any further. She groaned and squirmed begging him for more. His free hand gripped the fabric. His intent on ripping it away from her body.

“Alpha.” Kevin linked him halting Jason’s movement.

The sudden link causing Jason to pull away slightly. “What is it.” Jason growled back in more of a statement. His hand stopping and retreating. Her smell filled his nose and he could feel her heat drawing him. The hand on her thigh slowly inching up to stroke her soaked center. She held her moan back and arched into his hand.

“The witch is at our door. She is just outside the cave.” Kevin said slowly.

Jason felt the tension snap and he pulled his hand away causing Marilyn to whimper in frustration. Her look of worry and sadness twisting his heart. “Dam it!” He whispered out loud.

Marilyn pulled her hands from his hair. “Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong?”

Jason rolled to his side and kissed her gently. “No. You couldn’t do anything wrong. We have a visitor. Stay here and when I get back I promise I will finish what I started.” He smiled at her and got up grabbing his shirt as he made his way to the blanket covered door. “Don’t go anywhere. If anything get rid of that dress before I rip it to shreds.” He threw over his shoulder as he left the room.

Marilyn couldn’t move. Her body felt like jelly and the heat between her legs started to throb. “I couldn’t go anywhere even if I tried.” She crossed her arms over her face. The dress now feeling like sand paper on her skin. She quickly pulled the dress off and covered her body with the soft blanket.

She felt Gina reach out for her. “Marilyn. There is a witch here. She claims to know who you are.”

Marilyn sat up. A witch? The witch? The one who. She let her thoughts trail off to the small human witch in her drive so long ago. It felt like years ago that all that happened. Marilyn shook her head. Why is she here? Could it be because of the Lycan’s? The conversation with the two scouts and Jason flashed in her mind. Did they send the witch to find me? Do they know I’m here?

Marilyn squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head, her hair falling around her in waves. No, all they know is that I’m not where I was last seen. That’s all. Nobody knows I’m here or that I’m even still alive. Marilyn buried the panic deep inside and lay on her side. Jason will send the girl away empty handed and I can do as I planned before anything else can go wrong. She shivered pulling the blanket back over her head. The heat from earlier now leaving her cold.

JASON’S POV

Sunlight hit my eyes and gave the witch a black glow. I already couldn’t  stand her smell. I stopped in front of her. Kevin stood just behind me. Her small face tilted up and her eyes roamed my body.

“You are not him. If you wish to live do not follow the princess into blood covered hills. The flower of death will swallow whole those who will stand in the way of the true mate.” The witch spoke in a tone that sounded old Like her voice was not her own.

I held back the urge to question her about her words. “Who are you and why are you here?”

The witch blinked her eyes and smiled. Her voice now soft. “I am Sarah Howell. A witch of sorts. Well more like I only have the power to make people tell the truth. Oh and I can see the future. Really other than that.” She looked down and tapped her foot on the ground in deep thought. She continued with a sudden brightness and she pointed up slightly with a small finger. “Nope other than that I have no other powers.”

Kevin stepped to my side and looked down at the small girl. Our thoughts matching. “Are you even considered a witch?” Kevin blurted.

She giggled. “No, not by a long shot with my family. They just call me a fortune teller, but basically I’m just a wondering half witch that likes to help people and I had to stop here and warn you.”

I looked at her puzzled. “Warn me. Your riddle is no warning. It makes no sense to me at all.”

She looked deeper into my eyes and I felt a chill run down my spine. Her voice changed once again. “You and your men will die by her hand. The flower you hold dear has thorns the size of men. If you follow her to battle ahead she will be the one to see you dead.”

I feel my stomach turn. This girl is pretty much saying that Marilyn will kill me. I let my mind turn over everything. Does that mean Marilyn is a princess? Why would she kill me if I’m helping her? The witch is wrong and I can’t trust her. I feel Kevin watching me. I won’t let this scare me. If I want to be with my mate I have to help her. Besides nothing this woman is saying adds up. Her riddles are just a few jumbled words.

“I will think about what you have told me.” I said in a low tone. Kevin took a step back.

The girl looked at me and her eyes filled with tears. “I am sorry but you must heed what I say. Please believe me when I say I feel the death of so many is near. Don’t let my warning fall away. I must return to my land. I cannot see the end.”

Before we could react she turned and ran. Her little body faded away in a mist at the tree line. I need a walk and Kevin looked like all the blood in his body has drained to his feet. I thought about the way I left Marilyn. I can’t go back to her without sorting my thoughts. Should I tell her now? I feel guilt at not telling her everything. She has a right to know.

I moved slowly one step at a time until the river came into view. What do I do now. Death or a life without a mate? Surly it means that anyone going to the battle will die. Does that mean the Lycan’s will attack soon? Or will Marilyn loose control completely. I felt her slip once that night. Like she wasn’t even in her wolf body at the time. It wasn’t for long but it happened. If she goes alone will she even return to me? I felt my heart twist. I will die either way. If I lose her I will die. If I go to battle I will die. I can’t die sitting around so I will help her fight. I will not let my people die. I will go with her alone.

I shake my head. Death or not I can’t let her go alone. I will fight by her side and prove the witch wrong. Both of us will fight side by side until the end.