chapter twelve (trigger warning)

My ears twitch with the sounds around me. The smoke from my own wood-burning stove filled my nose. Tonight is a new moon and the earth is pitch black. I’m alone and every little sound around me is so loud in my ears. I didn’t want to sneak away from Jason, but I knew he would follow me if he knew. This is all partly his fault. He refused to tell me anything and I gave him plenty of hints and chances. I lay low watching my own window. Someone walked by the small opening and paused. I held back a growl when I recognized the witch.

They let a witch live in my house! I felt my anger rise. The fur on my neck stood on end. She is in the home my mate built and died in. My eyes narrowed and followed the witch out of sight behind the wall. I’ll kill the Alpha and take back what is mine! I growled and stalked closer Keeping low to the ground in the grass. My claws dug into the soil and my teeth clenched as my lips curled up in a snarl. I paused letting out another deep growl.

“Wait! Hear me out! I am just waiting for you to return. We must speak before the new moon ends!” The witch inside my house yells from the cracked door.

I don’t let my guard down and move closer. My eyes glued to the door that is slowly swinging open. The witch is on her knees her eyes staying locked on me. I stood to my full height and growled once more.

“Please hear me out Princess. The King will arrive soon and this place will run thick with blood.” She cried out. I can smell her fear and I watch closely as she tries to stop her hands from shaking.

“Please, you must listen closely.” She bowed her head and tears fell from her eyes.

I relaxed and stopped snarling. My fur slowly lay down my ears twitched in her direction. I’ll listen to what she has to say. Her presence is a block I didn’t expect, throwing my original plan into the wind.

“Princess. What I must tell you is hard and you won’t like it. It is filled with blood and death. A path that leads to sadness and true love. A battle between Alpha’s and Kingdoms. This will not end well and the path you choose can end between life and death. Both pathways will end in sadness and death but you must choose wisely.” She gained confidence and sat back up her eyes locked on mine.

“You will meet your true mate and you will have to decide between two love ties, no matter the choice one will die. Destruction and blood will come, flowing freely to this land. You must be willing to see this to the end. The King will come and offer his hand. He is blood and cannot be removed. All truths will be laid bare and you will know what is fair. Choose quickly between your mates! There is no more time to spare!”

I took a step back. None of that made since. Choose a mate or path or whatever? A king? Is she trying to keep me confused. I flinched to the side my ears working overtime listening for some sort of attack. My eyes scanned the area and found nothing. I paced across the yard. My nerves now frayed and my mind confused. I needed to think. I wanted to shift and ask her so many questions. I paused. That must be what she wants. My human form. She needs my human form blood. I turn to face her, my fur standing on end as I snarl and growl loudly.

They always need blood for spells. What is more powerful than Lycanthrope blood? I snap my jaws in anger. How dare she say I must choose a path. Did she think I would give up everything so easily. I moved closer my eyes staring down at her small weak body. I’ve never killed a human body before, but to complete my mission I must kill several without hesitation.

My front paws land on the porch and I’m ready to surge forward with a killing blow, my jaws open and my target clear.

Just before I reached the witch my body flew to the side. I rolled on the ground and quickly realized someone else is here. Two red headed women stood by the side of the house. Their wicked smiles making them look like demons. I get to my feet and stay low in a crouching position. My teeth snapped as a very angry growl left my chest.

“Now, now little wolf. Settle down.” The one with long hair chuckled.

“We would hate to disappoint Alpha Liam. Don’t make us kill you before he can.” The one with short hair clicked at me.

The gasp from the small witch still inside the told me she didn’t know they were there. I glanced at her and the tears in her eyes glowed with a white light.

The red head with long hair looked at her. “Sarah the good witch. You have been a bur in my side since day one. I should have let the wolf kill you. But my sister Eve here talked me out of it. It’s no matter because I like the thought of killing you myself.” Her hand shot up and the witch called Sarah grabbed her chest. A small squeak of pain left her lips and she crumpled to the floor. My eyes shot back to the two red heads.
“Awe! Nelly you always take the fun out of it! You could have made that last a little longer!” The short haired witch Eve whined.

Nelly turned her attention back to me and I snapped my jaws with a vicious growl. “Don’t growl at me you filthy dog. I wanted to kill that little brat and I just couldn’t let you do it.”

I felt my body weaken. The sun is about to rise and I could feel it. My body would shift and I would be at their mercy. I had to get away and fast. I backed away one step at a time.

“Oh don’t run away little doggy we want to play.” Eve said with an evil grin, her hand rose and I felt as though my body was caught in the palm of her hand.

She closed her fist and the pressure around my body tightened and I couldn’t breathe. My head spun and my vision became blurry.

“Don’t kill her yet Eve.” Nelly said in a bored tone. “Alpha Liam will want this one alive. You know how he likes to play with them before he kills them.”

I felt myself pass out, the blackness washed over me and all feeling and awareness left me. I floated in a black void of nothingness. I’m not sure what I was expecting but everything I had planned out had not worked out. I’ve been caught and now I am facing death by my own stupidity. At least I didn’t drag Jason and his pack into this mess. Darkness took over and my thoughts completely disappeared under the blanket of unconsciousness.

ALPHA LIAM

A sharp knock on the door jolted Alpha Liam from his deep thoughts. Problem after problem kept rolling in. Not enough food, not enough supplies, strange people here and there along the streets. He cursed under his breath. Couldn’t these people do anything and just leave him in peace!

“What the hell do you want now!” Liam yelled at the door.

The two giggling voices outside the door made his eyes roll. “We caught a little girl after she killed Sarah.” Eve purred.

“She is a very interesting little wolf darling.” Nelly said in a sultry voice.

He growled in his throat. “So you brought her here. Why?”

Nelly giggled. “We thought you might want to play with her.”

Eve purred. “She is rather pretty and we wouldn’t mind having her join us for some fun.

Liam marched to the door yanking it open. His eyes landed on the naked body of the one girl he wanted to hurt the most. The bastard child of his dead mate. Marilyn Flynn. He smiled wickedly and stepped to the side. “Tie her to the bed and wash her from head to toe. She needs to be clean when I fuck her.”

The two red headed women laughed and quickly did as he asked. With her wrists tied to the head board, and her feet spread wide, tied to each corner of the foot board, Liam grinned watching the twin witches wash her small yet curved body.

Today is going to be a good day he thought to himself. The one thing he truly wanted has fell into his hands. He felt himself harden and he slowly stroked his member through his pants. A good day indeed.