Chapter 2

Hunter POV

Hunter sat there as the lady droned on and on about his little sister's condition and the documents he would need to sign and how they were investigating and ensure this would never happen again. It was so very boring, he could have sworn he fell asleep.

"Alright listen lady, it's been like 30 minutes. Are you gonna take me to my sister or not?" He interrupted, his voice dripping in annoyance and scowling.

Apparently he seemed intimating because the lady was taken aback and immediately replied,

"O-of course sir," as her face went red.

She walked through the door and entered a
room where Hunter saw an adorable little girl with long, curly dark brown hair. The lady walked to her side and slowly nudged her awake and she woke up, revealing her big green eyes which wandered the room before landing on him. The lady has already ran out of the room and left the stupid documents next to the little girl. However, as soon as he saw her properly, his blood boiled, rage simmering inside him.

She wore nothing but a bloodstained shirt along with thin pants that certainly couldn't keep her warm. She also had bruises on her neck and faded cuts on her face.

That was his seven year old sister, and he failed to keep her safe. That should be the easy part, he's in a fucking mafia for gods sake.

"U-uh my n-name is Bl-Blaire sir," She stuttered out, a hopeful look in her face.

Damn, he even forgot his sister's name. To be fair, he'd only known her for two years.

In two strides he was next to her squatting down.

"My names Hunter, but don't call me or my brothers sir. We're family, so just call us by our names," Hunter said as gently as he could muster, realizing how she spoke to him.

He was family, and she called him sir. Before he knew it, rage began to bubble up inside him again. But in an attempt to not scare the hell out of his sister, he pushed it down.

Her expression calmed down a bit but she flinched as he picked her up and walked out of the building and into his car.

"The rest of your brothers, Crimson and Xander, are waiting for us back at the house," he said.

She nodded and Hunter smiled as she admired every inch of the luxury car, tracing the window with her tiny hands, revealing more scars and unhealed cuts scattered across her arms. He mentally swore he'd beat the shit out of Mikel or Mike or whatever.

Shock coursed through him, followed by confusion. How had his emotions changed so fast?

He was snapped out of his daze as he slammed the gas pedal and began taking out all his bottled up rage on the car drive to the Knights private airport, all while keeping a close eye on Blaire through the mirror.

-

Soon enough, they had reached the private jet waiting for them. Blaires eyes widened as she took in the magnificent jet in front of her. It was pitch black with gold accents and the Knight family crest imprinted on the side of it.

As they entered the plane, the flight attendants glanced at Blaire with curiosity present in each of their gazes. Blaire nervously tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear and avoided eye contact with anyone. As soon as they sat down, one of the flight attendants came up and asked if we would like anything. He decided to Blaire some water and a small sandwich as he assumed she was starved. Her petite frame was proof of that.

As the jet took off, Blaire sat silently and watched with fascination as te ground grew smaller and smaller the higher they rose into the air.

Hunter watched Blaire with soft eyes. A weird feeling had started wiggling its way into his heart. It bothered him as he couldn't name it.

He knew that he felt protective of her but he convinced himself that it was just because he had to keep her alive for their family's sake and nothing else. But this feeling was unexplainable to him. It gave him warmth.

Little did he know as he sat there in silence, that shockingly, the cold and pessimistic Hunter Knight felt love, thanks to his little sister Blaire.

Alright, chapter 2 down. Sorry I take longer to update, I'll work on that. Hope you guys enjoyed! Feel free to give feedback in the comments about the length you prefer, or your opinions, however please be kind! Updating the 3rd chapter soon!

-Mariana