Chapter 8

Hunter and Crimson were enraged upon hearing what's happened, steam was practically shooting out of their ears. And it didn't help that their idiot of a brother shot the shithead, and now precautions needed to be taken.

-

Blaire POV

Blaire stood at the doorway with trembling hands. Who could blame her? Hunter and Crimson looked like they were ready to kill someone, and, unbeknownst to the seven year old, Xander almost did.

Hunter lead her inside to the meeting room, where Crimson stared her down, rage festering. Blaires internal panic must have shown, because his once murderous expression was replaced with a kind one. He pulled her in for a soft hug before asking her to explain what happened.

Blaire retold the story just as she told Xander, and halfway through, Hunter stormed out of the room yelling into something. Blaire whimpered before she shakily continued to explain the eventful day.

Images of the boys flashed through her mind and unwanted memories of Mike resurfaced. Before she knew it, Blaire started crying softly, panic coursing through her. She heard Xander say something from across the room, but he seemed distant. That was the last thing she heard before blacking out.

-

Hunter POV

For the second time in a row, Blaire blacked out. We didn't even know the full extent of what happened, and to thing they breached security is insane. As far as he was concerned, the safety of Knight Manor was top notch.

-

Blaires petite body stood pale against the hospital bed. Her heart rate had been unstable when they arrived and she had difficulty breathing. She had somehow wormed her way into the brother hearts and it worried Hunter. Her panic attacks were also something to worry about, and they couldn't have her break down in a meeting in front of people from other mafias.

The annual Mafia Gala was approaching fast which meant that soon, the whole mafia world would find out about their Princepessa. She would become a target for leverage of some sort.

As if that was bad enough, the Russian mafia had begun to sever its treaty with us, the only thing that kept the two mafias from slitting the others throats. Their Don, Nikolai Petrov, was an incredibly arrogant yet still smart man. Hunter didn't want to know what would happen if the treaty fully broke.

Blaire POV

Bright lights shined in Blaires eyes blocking her vision. However, she was able to make out the figures or her brothers and started crying softly. As a response, Xander pulled her with a hug. She was terrified with no clue why. She didn't know whether the changes in her life were good or bad anymore, and she felt bad and embarrassed her brothers had to deal with her crying and whatnot all the time.

"I-I'm sorry y-you hav-have to deal wi-with me," Blaire whispered, her adorable doe eyes glazing over with tears.

The brothers assured her this was normal and that she was nowhere near a burden to them. Quite the opposite in fact. Blaire made it easier for them to appreciate the little things in life.

After calming down, Blaire slowly dozed off into a peaceful sleep. Crimson was talking on the phone when he heard mass commotion coming from outside the hospital. Suddenly, the alarm began blaring and chaos and fighting erupted.

Cliffhanger! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it was more of a filler. The next one will be longer though. I will update as soon as I can! If possible, comment and vote please. If not, no worries. Happy holidays!

-Mariana