Chapter 5

Hi readers! I am warning you all, there will be abuse it the part of the chapter with italics. If you know you are someone who is sensitive or can't handle those topics, please just skip to the parts of the chapter you can read.

Blaires POV

Flashback(in dream):

"S-sir, please s-stop, i-it hurts," 3 year old Blaire uttered, barely a whisper.

She was terrified.

Her brothers were gone, a scary man was standing in front of her, and her pleas were no use. A small scream escaped her as pain seared her left arm.

The scary stranger had cut her with the razor.

The sickening smell of flesh flowed through the room as he repeated the action on her right arm, blood dripping down Blaires small hands. Tears cascaded from her blue and silver eyes and Blaire whimpered, the pain intensifying, and stumbled back against the cold, stone walls. She didn't know why she was here or where she was.

"Pl-please s-sir, I-I—

A fresh batch of tears trickled down Blaires face as she felt her cheek where the man slapped her. He didn't stop though. Slap after slap rained down on her, and all she could do was cry.

Devastating sobs of pain echoed through the room as her vision started to blur, and she blacked out.

*Dream over*

Blaire shot upward in her bed, a bead of sweat trickling down her forehead. She felt that fear all over again. The fear of being back there with the scary man who would hurt her. His presence looming over her and she was left to rot in that small, dark cell. Screams escaped her throat, and her whole body tensed. She felt like she couldn't breathe.

Downstairs, the brothers almost had a heart attack of their own. Xander ran for the first aid kit and Hunter searched for something to calm her down as Crimson sprinted up the stairs steps at a time.

Tears rolled down her small face along with heartbreaking sobs. She gripped the edge of her blankets for comfort.

Before she could understand what was happening, Crimsons arms tightly wrapped around her, and she gratefully hugged him back.

Her breathing quickened with her heartbeat, and cries were flowing out of her like a waterfall.

"Shh. It's ok, it's ok. Take a deep breath and look at me Princepessa," Crimson said softly, remembering some techniques he learned to help people with panic attacks.

Blaire did as he said and looked up, trying to calm herself down a bit.

"What do you see?"

"M-my l-locket, the p-pillow, the bl-blanket and th-the
bed," she responded, her doe eyes wide.

"What do you hear?"

"M-my breathing, y-your voice, a-and the b-birds a-and wind."

"Amazing, and what do you feel?" Crimson asked softly.

"M-my blankets, y-your shirt, a-and m-my hair."

"Good job. You're doing great. Now tell me, who's in front of you?" He asked.

"Y-you. My b-brother. A-and I'm i-in the K-Knight M-Manor."

"Exactly. Your not there, your here, safe and sound."

Blaires breathing slowed a bit, and she felt her body relaxing a bit.

She was ok and safe. Ok and safe. Ok and safe.

The words rang through her little head until she believed them. Meanwhile, Crimson carried her down the stairs and onto the couch with Hunter and Xander.

Hunter handed her something between a stuffy and fidget, and Xander had the first aid kit on his lap.

"You ok Princepessa?" Xander asked, his voice full of concern.

"Y-yeah," she replied as a wave of tiredness washed over her. She felt her panic slowly disappearing.

Crimson explained what happened as she fidgeted, and she felt Xander hug her softly.

Soon, Blaire felt calm enough to let her sleepiness take over, and she drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

-

Crimson POV

Crimson walked out into the garden to clear his thought. How is it his little sister managed to smash her way into his heart within a matter of minutes?

He remembered the day she was taken. Xander refused to believe it was true and searched the house head to toe. Search parties were sent out all over Florence, but there was no trace of her. To this day, it was still a mystery how the kidnapper got in to Crimson. He would have to pay the prison a visit sometime soon.

He knew that he was not the only one feeling this way as he saw a change in Hunters fierce demeanour whenever Blaire was around. His eyes darkened as the topic of Mike popped in his mind. The things that bastard had done to his little, innocent sister Blaire. Being born into a mafia meant danger at every turn.

Crimson walked over to where Sargent, his second in command, stood. There had to be at least two guards with her at all times, with armed weapons of course.

Sargent was a man in his late thirty's, and had been serving their family since he was 19. He first worked for his father before serving Crimson and his brothers and now Blaire. Except, this time, the little princess of the family is gong to be his main priority, the one he would sacrifice his life for.

Turning away, Crimson thought of his father and mother. Their father was a disgrace to the Knight family. He had almost lost their empire if it weren't for Crimson's superior negotiating skills. Needless to say, their father was kicked out right before Blaire was born.

Their mother, however, had been a sweet and caring woman during her lifetime. Sadly, she died when giving birth to Blaire. Their mother was truly one of the only people of ever cared for them. Xander had been devastated to see her leave the world, and while he may not have known, Crimson heard the sobs coming from his room that night and on the days following ten funeral.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Crimson strode over to his study to finish a pile of paperwork. Thirty minutes later, he was done.

The manor felt oddly silent.

He grabbed a revolver and made his way to the living room.

What he saw nearly made his jaw drop to the floor. Hunter and Xander were both lightly snoring on the couch with Blaire resting on Hunter. Her petite body looked even tinier against his large frame. Unable to resist, Crimson took out his phone and snapped a picture, a grin flickering on his face.

He sat down on the large rocking chair and began reading a newspaper posted this morning.

The end! Hope you guys enjoyed, and I'm sooooo sorry the update took so long. I will try to update more.

-Mariana