Chapter 11

Blaire POV:

"Why the hell would you teach her that?!"

"Did you forget she's 7?!"

"What the hell?!" 

Crimson and Xander yelled repeatedly at Hunter, but he just sat in the corner snickering. In fact, the more he ignored them, the more annoyed they got to the point they turned on each other. 

Blaire suddenly became fearful, unsure if she had made a mistake. All she had wanted was a dog. And ice cream. She slinked back in her chair wishing it would swallow her whole and get her out of here. 

Better than Mike though, much better than Mikes treatment. She reminded herself of that daily, of how lucky she was. She had never felt so clean and wanted in her whole life. Granted, that's only 7 years, but to her morally huge heart it meant the world. 

Hunters voice shot her back to reality. 

"Jesus guys, you're both in the mafia and freaking out about a seven year old swearing? We've become softies. The seven year old who looks like she is scared for dear life, might I add," He spoke to both of them, somehow managing to shame them when he's the one who did the shameful act. 

Xander even flushed red a bit, which made Blaire laugh and hunter ruffle his hair, causing another mini brawl to break out between them. 

Crimson however, not so happy. 

"Hunter, you realize the ball is nearing and we need to be presentable. A seven year old swearing isn't presentable!" He exclaimed. Blaire was shocked. He never showed that kind of panic. Crimson's panic made Blaire panic. Xander has a curious look on his face. 

Swearing. That must be what the words Hunter taught her mean. From the looks of Crimsons reaction, she assumed it was bad. 

"Since when did you get so serious? You don't even know what she was trying to say," Hunter replied mockingly while pushing Xander's head down. 

That turned both Crimson and Xander's still down head. 

"Blaire, you said you wanted something. Can you say it in 'presentable' words?" Xander mocked, earning a glare from Crimson. 

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger," grinning while ducking as Crimson tried the hit him on the head. 

Blaire sniffled. "W-well, all I wanted was ice cream. A-and a dog." 

Crimsons features softened, and Hunter decided that was the perfect time to piss his brother off.  

"Don't worry about your car, just taking it out for a joy ride!" Hunter yelled as the door shut behind him.

"Hunter, I swear to god if you get another scratch on my Porsche I'll give you a fate worse than death!" Crimson threatened darkly before following. 

Meanwhile, Xander just smiled like an idiot watching. Then he realized he wasn't the only one in the room. His grin only got bigger.

"You said you wanted ice cream and a dog right?"

"Y-yeah."