Chapter 3

Blaires POV

Blaire watched in confusion as they pulled up into a driveway of a huge, fancy building. Aside from the car and jet, it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen in her life.

There was a grand, polished stoned staircase leading up to the huge oak double doors.

"Welcome to Knight Manor Blaire," her brother said with little to no emotion in his voice.

Blaire had wondered if he was capable of showing any emotion at all, and what they were doing in front of such a strange place.

"H-Hunter w-where are w-we?" Blaire asked, stammering.

"Our home," he replied blankly and started ascending up the huge stairs. This was her HOME??

Stumbling a bit, Blaire managed to climb her way up the big staircase and followed Hunter inside the tall, dark doors. They were almost three times as big as her!

She walked inside and her little jaw dropped open. The inside of the lavish house had a huge, twinkling chandelier and staircases with dark, wooden oak as the railings. The floor of the staircases were wooden and an elegant white, with intricate gold designs on the back and a red velvet carpet. There was a small seating area in front of the doors, also with dark, wooden oak for the chairs. It was like the whole house was glowing.

Now she was excited, but wanted to keep her manors she learned. She took off her shoes and put them in what she assumed was a closet.

She then skipped her little feet over to the staircase and excitedly ran her hand over the railing, a huge adorable little smile blooming on her face.

What she didn't see was the tall man standing at the top of the staircase, looking at her. Suddenly feeling a pinch embarrassed, she put her head down. Next thing she knew, someone had picked her up.

"Hi Blaire. My names Xander, I'm your brother,"Xander said, his voice kind. Kinder than Hunters had been.

"H-hi Xander. Y-your arm i-is very h-hard," she replied, remembering what Hunter said about not calling them sir.

Xander chuckled at her response then put her down and turned to Hunter.

"Everything went well. I'm assuming?" He asked.

Blaire had almost forgotten he was there. Oops

"Yeah, except for these pointless as shit documents we have to sign," Hunter replied, scowling a bit at the fact he would actually have to read them all.

Xander grinned then pointed at Hunter.

"Watch your language sir," he said, pointing to Blaire as the reason why.

Hunter simply rolled his eyes and walked up the stairs with the documents in hand.

Welp, at least one person here can show emotion, Blaire thought.

Now she was confused though. Why could Xander call him sir but she couldn't?

She looked up at Xander and saw his eyes were darker than before, and his face had shifted to rage. He quickly snapped out of it as he realized she was watching though.

He squatted to look to face her eye level and said, "Why don't we go shopping? We'll get you some new clothes and a haircut."

"Shopping?" Her small voice asked.

"It's really fun, I promise."

"O-ok," she decided.

"HUNTER WE'RE GOING TO THE MALL! YOU COMING OR NOT?" He yelled.

"FINE," Blaire heard him reply, his voice echoing through the whole house.

Blaire went to put on her shoes and waited for Xander and Hunter to do the same. Then Xander picked her up as the descended down the staircase and into the same luxury car. Blaire was still confused as to what this shopping was.

Xander made Hunter sit in the back so he could drive, and they pulled out of the glittering mansion and on the road.

"Crimson will join us there," she heard Hunter say, his voice dry.

"O-ok."

Blaire had begun to feel more comfy around Xander, but Hunter not so much. Right now, all she could think about was that that was her home. Her home. She finally had a home. Happiness began to sprout inside her as she leaned her head back and looked outside for the remaining of the car ride, ignoring Xander's and Hunter's calm back and forth bickering.

Alright, chapter 3 down. This one was shorter and more of a filler, but I promise longer ones are coming. Will try to update tomorrow and hoped you guys enjoyed! Here's a picture of inspiration for the inside of The Knight Manor;

 Will try to update tomorrow and hoped you guys enjoyed! Here's a picture of inspiration for the inside of The Knight Manor;

I will try to update tomorrow or today.

-Mariana