LNER A1 Pacific - Chapter I

1927

March

(Y/N) looked at this tender engine up and down. (Y/N) couldn't help, but scoff at the tender engine.

(Y/N): "I didn't expect this island to be housing relics from a bygone era as well." (Y/N) sneered at Edward's gaze.

Edward looked down at his buffers, saddened. He had hoped that this new engine would be a little sympathetic and less like Gordon, but he guessed wrong. (Y/N) didn't notice this as he rolled his eyes.

(Y/N): "Don't get too upset, Old Iron. Maybe one day you'll see me influencing your island's consistency, which will allow you to successfully retire."

Edward: "Old Iron?! I-I have never.."

Soon Sir Topham Hatt arrived in his car. A sleek cyan design, but looked most classical. The fat controller stepped outside of his vehicle and found his composure by using both of his hands to straighten his black tuxedo. He walked over the rails that were subjugated to the Earth's confine and walked over to the new engine.

Bertram: "Ah. You must be the new engine I've ordered from London."

(Y/N): "Indeed I am sir. LNER and proud of it."

Bertram: "If the LNER is proud to have made a design like yourself then I'm sure you'll do me proud on my railway."

(Y/N): "I aim to please, sir." (Y/N) responded casually. Edward still having a hurtful look on his face as our view was shifted to his. He was so deep in thought that he didn't hear the fat controller calling him.

Bertram: "Edward! Are you listening? I've asked you if you could show (Y/N) to Knapford Station."

Edward: "A-Ah. Sorry, sir. Of course I will." Edward replaced his sorrowful tone with a happy one, which Sir Topham looked at Edward, confused about his previous reaction before letting it go.

Bertram: "Once you've completed all of your jobs, meet me at Tidmouth Sheds with (Y/N)! That'll be all for today, dismissed!" The fat controller stated as he left the two engines, entering his car, starting the engine, and leaving the docks. (Y/N) turned his gaze to the old cyan engine.

(Y/N): "Well? Lead the way, peasant."

Edward huffed as he went in reverse with (Y/N) following him. Moving onward, Edward showed (Y/N) many places during the escort to Knapford, whether it would involve certain routes that went past rivers and ever-rolling green fields, and the list continues. Edward would've enjoyed the experience, but he couldn't shake the feeling that (Y/N) was slowly becoming disinterested. Eventually, their journey came to a close when Knapford Station came into view. Gordon was present there.

(Y/N): "Edward, was it?"

Edward: "Yes, that would be me.. Is there something else you need?"

(Y/N): "I'm simply sorry for diction choice earlier, I've simply been grouchy since I was kept in the ship's interior for so long, I thought I'd never get out."

Edward was surprised.

(Y/N): "But, don't let that mean that we're friends, Edward. Now, can you please fetch my coaches?"

Edward: "Why can't you get them yourself?"

(Y/N): "The reason why I'm not fetching them myself is because of my weight. I don't trust myself reversing down the line and possibly derailing tender first on the main junction. You're smaller and much more reliable to navigate the points without any difficulty."

Gordon: "Tender engines simply don't shunt." Gordon groaned.

(Y/N): "They technically do, my fellow brother. Where would we be without smaller engines to run establishments and control rolling-stock traffic? I'm not a fool, even if I don't like shunting."