Chapter-6- Back Home

I had a rough day in school. All I could think about was what happened in math class. Whenever I kissed Olivia I pictured him.

"Hey. Ma and pops asked me when they will meet your boyfriend." Said Micah
"I don't have a boyfriend!" I was angry and confused. Why would he say that?
"I didn't say you did. What the heck man. I said girlfriend."

Fuck.
I'm losing my mind. He's engraved in my head. Whatever he's not my mate anyway.
I'm straight.
***
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear River, happy birthday to you." I hear my whole family sing me awake.
I smile.
"Hey you guys. Thank so much. Love you." I say.
"This is it honey. This is the start of your search for your mate!" My ma says.
"Do you think it will be your girlfriend son? And if it is you no longer have an excuse for us not to meet her." My pop says.
"I'm honestly not sure. I guess we'll find out today."
***
I find my way through the wave of students to my locker to find Olivia.

"Hey babe! Happy birthday!"
"Hey. Thanks." I pause, waiting for my wolf to tell me that's her. That she is my mate. He doesn't. She isn't.
"What wrong?" She questions
"Nothing. Nothing's wrong. I just miss your lips."
As I go in to kiss her I spot Alex... I mean Mr. Salvatore. He looks envious. Once I look at him I hear my wolf. 'That's him. He's your mate!'