Chapter-17

Rivers POV

I woke up in a dark cold room. I was fucking freezing!

"HELLO?!" I shouted, my voice hoarse from my lack of water. "What's going on?" I spoke again, desperate for someones attention.
"Hello River." Said an unfamiliar voice.
"Who's there? Where are you?"
"Over here." He says, flipping the panel for the bright light to switch on.
"Agh! That's bright!"
"Do you want some water?"
"Yes please."

I took the water from his hand. Sipped. Then he knocked it straight from my grip.

"Listen here you little shit. I know who you are. I know you are 'mated' to Alex. But not for long. He doesn't deserve to have you. He needs me! So I need to get rid of you. Somehow."
"Listen, I have no idea who the hell you are! Are you some crazy ex boyfriend or something?"
"No!"
"Then who the fu-"
SLAP
"You aren't allowed to speak. I'm going to hit Alex where it hurts."

Those were the last words spoken before I drifted off...
***
Alex's POV
I ran out of Rivers house determined to find him. I need him.

I love him.

I felt the brisk breeze against my face. Typical fall weather. I jammed my keys in the ignition and sped down his street.

I was driving for what seemed like hours but what was really 20 minutes. I pulled into a random car garage. As I began to slowly drift I saw someone. He was one of them. I jumped up, my eyes now completely aware of my surroundings.

I looked around spotting him not to far from my car. I saw him reach for what seemed to be a... NO NO NO! No way in fucking hell will he touch River! Not on my watch. I ducked down hidden behind the dashboard.

I waited long enough to make sure he was gone. The coast was clear. I jumped out of my car, making sure to be as quiet a possible. I made my way down the only visible entrance. I saw him. River.

Crying.

I tried to gain some height as I couldn't see what was making him cry.
But when I found out I felt a wave of anger course through my body.
I knew I had to be sneaky. I need to catch him by surprise. I searched the room for any weapons. All I found was a whipping stick.

I cringed at the thought.

I looked around for at least a hand gun.
Spotted.
I grabbed the hand gun off of a small wooden table, quickly but quietly.
I made my way behind John and put the gun right up against his skull.

"Stop." I spoke.
Rivers painful eyes shot right open.
"Alex?" He whispered. "You're here!"
"Yay! Alex is here!" John said full with sarcasm.
"Stop John." I spoke more firmly now. He stopped what he was doing and turned around. His fat finger pushing the gun away from his face.
"Make me."