Chapter One

Summer. The one time of year that all children can agree is the best, well excluding the holiday season. No school, which means that your free to do whatever you want to do. Unfortunately for us, summer has to end sometime.

"Olive! Let's go, your going to be late." Ajax yells from downstairs. I love the guy, but it's like he's trying to be our dad when him and Zhongli aren't even married yet. He did teach me how to shoot a gun though, so I'll keep my comments to myself.

My hair is just like my dads in color, but its shorter. The style however is like my mothers. Another aspect like my mom, are my eyes. They have the same grey blue hue to them, but I also have my dads gold specks. I think it's a perfect mix of both of them.

"Olive. You're going to be late." Xiao appears in the doorway just as I'm putting the last thing into my back pack.

"I know, I know. I'm coming." Xiao likes to pretend like he doesn't care, but he does. I think. Honestly I have no clue, but he's my older brother, so I'm going with he does. It would kind of hurt if it turned out he didn't though.

"Olliveeeee! Let's gooo. You don't want all your new class mates to think that you like to ditch school now do you?" Hu Tao appears behind Xiao, bouncing on her feet. How can someone have so much energy this early in the morning?

"I do like to ditch though. Also, wasn't it you who said that I 'shouldn't care about what those crazy kids think' last night?" 

"I think it was. Hu Tao what do you have to say?" Xiao say's with a smirk. He absolutely loves picking sides in this kind of stuff.

"Uh, I have no recollection of saying that! Oh well would you look at the time! Xiao we've got to get to school now, goodbye!" She grabs Xiao's wrist and drags him downstairs. I hear the front door slam behind them, along with some, ah, unpleasant, words from Xiao.

I throw my back pack on and start downstairs. The backpack might be light now, but it sure won't be later.

 The backpack might be light now, but it sure won't be later

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

This is what you are wearing:)

"Alright. I'm off then." I yell as I pull on my shoes.

"Have fun." Zhongli says walking up and giving me a hug. He must be able to tell that I'm nervous. Stupid dad instincts.

"And be nice to the kids. You need friends outside of Teyvat." Childe jokingly scolds me as he walks into the room.

"You know that's not possible. Being nice to other people is just simply not in my genetic code!" We share a laugh. Maybe having him in the house won't be to bad after all. I open up the door and head out. 

This is going to be not only my first year of high school, but I'm also going to a different school then all of my other friends from Teyvat. Why? Well all the Archons, or my pseudo uncles and aunts outside of Teyvat (Yes even somehow Nahida), agreed that I should try to make other friends. I love them, but in this situation, they all suck.

I arrive at the school and stare it down. I'm one of the most skilled people in the Liyue division, is some high school, where I don't know anybody at all really going to scare me? 

The answer is yes. One hundred percent. But I have no other choice, so lets head on in. 

I grab my schedule from the dean, and find my first class, basically homeroom. I sit down at my desk and start doodling on the paper. I chose a seat in the back row, in the second chair closest to the wall. A group of boys come in, and try to find seats where they can all sit together, but alas, there are none, so guess where they sit. Surrounding me. Literally. You could tell that they weren't super happy, but I wasn't about to move so they could have their little bestie squad.

The one to the left of me has a weird yellow Mohawk thing on his head. In all honesty, it looks so weird. In front of me there is a guys with red hair, who has a similar style, but pulls it off so much better. To the right, a guy with short light brown hair and glasses. Behind me is a guy with black hair, that's slicked back. There is so much product in it that if I lit a lighter right here, I'm sure it would catch on fire. The there's a guy in the farthest corner of the class, right behind me diagonally to the right, he has blond medium length hair, which doesn't look all that bad. I would give him and the red head first place if this was a hair competition.

"Who're you." The black haired guy say's from behind me. Is he talking to me or to someone else? The yellow hair boy taps me on the shoulder.

"Um, Hi, sorry, my friend just wanted to know who you were? We haven't seen you around here before." By now the whole group was staring at me. Time to teach em' some manners. I whirl around, positioning my self on the chair so that I'm sitting on it backwards. This seems to surprise them.

"One, if you want to ask me a question, tap me on the shoulder and be polite about it like your friend here. You should really take some lessons in manners from him." The boy's eyes widen, bet he wasn't expecting that. 

"Secondly, My name is Olive, and you lot are?" I look around at the group, the black haired boy is a little flustered at the moment, so red hair starts.

"Akkun."

"Yamagishi!"

"Takuya."

"Uh, mines Makoto." This was the black haired boy, he still seems a bit flustered.

"You can call me Takemitchi." The yellowed hair boy says.

"Pleasure to meet you all." I turn back around and head back to my drawing.

"So where are you from?" Takemitchi asks.

"Mmm, around here, I went to a different middle school on the other side of town, so that's probably why you don't know me." I explain without looking up.  Well they probably know of me, but the whole point of a secret identity is that is secret

"That's cool!" Takemitchi responds. The others share a look oof confusion I think..? A very awkward silence fills the air, I just continue my doodle. I don't need other friends, my gang is enough for me.

"So uh, if you're new around here do you want us to show you around or..?" Akkun asks. Ugh, I hate questions like these. On one hand I could decline, but face the wrath of my now two fathers, and my brother, or I could just say yes and endure it for one day. 

"Sure. That's fine with me." This seems to satisfies their needs or whatever, because they all go and turn around to do their own thing, or talk with each other. 

Alright. I'll endure it for the day, so that I can say I tried, but tomorrow I'll just go back to ignoring everyone.

Hey ya'll! I'm very sorry that it took so long for this chapter, I've lost like all motivation, as well as set a new goal to read all of the Y/A fantasy in the entire section of Barnes and Nobels by the end of 2024, so there's also that.... Honestly, I don't even know how I decided that this was going to be a fun challenge, because there are a lot of books... I also have finals and what not, so alas, this chapter took a bit:/

Please leave a comment and vote! It really helps, it also let's me know that my readers exist, and aren't just me going back to remember what I said last chapter:)

Word count: 1345 

Have a good day/night!

~Author