-Chapter 1-

. TW: RUDE LANGUAGE, THREAT
.
.
.
.
.

We had just finished the fight against Enmu and escorted the passengers to safety.

I was looking at Tanjiro's stab wound, applying as much pressure as possible.

"Owwww! You're adding too much pressure, Rengoku! You're going to break my ribs!" Tanjiro yelled.

Ah! Sorry, tanjiro..!" I was about to add on when I felt a pair of eyes looking down at me.

The aura was horrifying..it was stronger than any demon I've encountered..it was stronger than your average demon..

An uppermoon..

I grabbed the hilt of my sword, ready to fight.

"DEMON, REVEAL YOURSELF!"

There was a loud rustle from the top of a tree just in front of us.

A shiver went down my spine.

"Rengoku-san..whats going on!

But before Tanjiro could finish his sentence, a pair of incandescent eyes appeared from the fog. The words 'Upper 3' engraved in them.

I peered as best as I could through the fog, hoping to get some clear details of the demon.

He conveyed a teethy grin, bearing his fangs he spoke.

"The names Akaza, Rank three in the twelve Kizuki, You must be?"

"Rengoku Kyojuro, Rank Hashira in the demon slayer corps! I said, "Tell me what your intentions are, you filthy demon!"

Akaza pov:

The words 'filthy demon' struck me like lightning, I felt...hurt..? But for what reason?

"Filthy, huh? I scoffed. Let's see who's filthy when I FUCKING KILL YOU!"

I lunged forward, a fire of indisputable rage flickering in my eyes.

I struck a hail of punches around the hahiras body, leaving small cuts and marks.

The truth is, I was going easy on him, I was having fun and didn't want it to end.

I laughed manically, complimenting his fighting spirit.

"You're quite the strong one, rengoku~ I teased, Why dont you becone a DEMON!"

He groaned, grabbing his left arm, "HA! Like I would become a vile creature like you. I'll fucking kill every single one of you. So go fuck yourself, bitch.

I sniggered lightly at his comment before pointing at the crimson red blood dripping from his eye.

"Awhhh~ Little rengoku wants to play hero~," I teased, throwing a series of kicks and punches in his direction. Too bad he's gonna die before he can do so!"

I heard him curse under his breath before he lunged at me full force.

.
.
.
.

My eyes widened.

I stared at my arm that was now halfway through his lower abdomen.

Desperately, I tried to rip my arm out of his body, but I just couldn't.

I stared at the hashira with worry in my eyes as blood spewed from his mouth.

I looked to the horizon where the sun was beginning to rise.

And with all the strength the hashira had left, he swung at my neck with his flaming nichirin sword.

With my last final attempt, I tore my arm out of his body.

Looking back, I whispered.

"I'm sorry.." Before running into the woods as fast as I could to save myself from being burnt to a crisp.

Rengoku pov:

I fell to the ground, landing on my knees.

My vision was blurry. All I could hear was the muffled voices surrounding me and a repetitive sound of my blood dripping onto the floor.

Is this the end?

Am I dying?

Will I see my mother when and if I die?

Will senjuro cope with my passing?

How would dad react?

That fucking bitch ass prick made this happen.

If I die, I'll make sure to haunt him until his time comes.

If I survive I'm gonna kill that bitch.

I swear.