-Chapter 2-

.
.
.

My eyes flickered open, sunlight beaming onto my face.

I winced in pain glancing down at my bandaged body.

"What the fuck..?" I whispered before the door to my room creaked open.

"Ah, Rengoku-San you're finally awake!" The girl rejoiced.

"Shinobu..? I questioned. W-what happened, why am I bandaged up like this..?"

I saw her think for a moment before she replied with a smile. "Apparently you got into a fight with upper three."

That's when it all came flooding back to me, the cheeky grin that was plastered on his face. I grew red with anger; I never wanted to see him again.

Shinobu paused before carrying on. "You've been impaled in you lower abdomen..your lucky your even alive."

"However, due to the damage he's caused you might be here for weeks....most likely months."

My eyes widened "M-months?! I repeated. What about my training?!"

"P-please Rengoku-San! You must take it easy, that wound hasn't even began to heal!" She said frantically, pointing at my bandaged stomach.

I sighed, before glancing out the window.

"Here." I stared down at the cup Shinobu had offered me.

"What is that..?" I questioned.

"Their Antibiotics and pain killers, you have to take them." Shinobu replied.

I grabbed the cup, giving it a small sip.

"EUGH! WHAT IS THAT!? That's DISGUSTING."

I watched as a tick formed on shinobu's forehead before she glared daggers at me with her soulless eyes.

"Ha...heha..dont get difficult with me now Rengoku-San and TAKE. THE. DAMN. MEDICINE!"

a shiver travled down my spine making me quickly grab the cup and gulp it down in an instant.

I plastered a cheesy smile on my face, wiping any excess medication on my sleeve.

"Are you happy now Shinobu?"

She smiled, clapping her hands together "ara,ara! Such an obedient patient. You've made my job very easy!"

"Well, I'll be talking my leave now! Take it easy Rengoku-San, rest well!"

I watched as she slowly left the room, the echoing pitter-patter of her feet fading away ringing in my head.

The door banged shut.

I tried to sit up but the pain was too much.

I plopped my head back onto my pillow, my body exhausted from straining myself.

"I just want to train again.." I mumbled to myself thinking of when I could move freely in the sun, beads of sweat dripping down my face.

I already missed the adrenaline of hunting down demons.

All I want is to get revenge...

If I ever see that demon again...I will kill him.