Chapter 56

"Lying," I say bored out of my mind.

Alejandro and Rudy just glance at me. Over the last several days they had come to terms with my ability to sense lies and deceptions. At first they hadn't believed just how thoroughly I knew until they tested me against themselves throughout the day. I was certain they still weren't entirely sure about it.

"Cacharro, you don't even know what she said."

"Ale, I've told you, I don't need to know Spanish to know she's lying through her teeth. Her emotional markers are through the roof. Lying smells the same regardless of culture, ethnicity or language spoken." I lean back in my chair, arms cross against my chest glaring at Teresa teeth bared in a snarl. "Give me ten minutes with her," I mutter.

"You think you can do better?" Rudy asked, disbelief filling him.

"With a face like mine? I know I can."

Rudy and Ale both paused, thinking on it. In the end, they both decided against it. They had claimed control over the mission. They'd been looking to get to the cartel members for years, we'd just pushed it into high gear by coming for Gareth. Neither of them wanted to relinquish control to me.

"Fine, but let me know if you change your mind."  Another three hours of Alejandro supplying ineffective torture against Teresa. She might have been a coward and ran rather than stay and fight, but she was tight-lipped. We'd gotten more out of the male cartel leaders than her. 

"Cacharro?" Ale looked at me. Pleased to finally be tagged in I stand up, tail wagging. I finally get a good look at Teresa. Alejandro and Rudy had been thorough and I was pretty impressed with the mess they had left behind. Teresa finally got a good look at me and her pupils retracted to pinpoints in fear. I'd decided to wear the mask that Ale and Rudy had gifted me, the wolf jaw bone adding an element of horror to my visage. Teresa had smelled of fear during the entire interrogation, but now the smell of that fear blew through the room like an exquisite perfume. I inhaled deeply, eyes closing slowly and I crept closer, dropping down to all fours. 

One of the perks to a heightened sense of smell meant that I could easily find pressure points and work them harder and faster than just about anyone else, and Teresa did not like me at all. Her heart rate jumped erratically and began squirming. I knew she was remembering my teeth in the back of her skull, ready to crush it if she moved. I bared my teeth in a semblance of a snarl as I hunched down, preparing to leap towards her. Her eyes moved as I did, watching me excruciatingly closely, waiting for me to act. 

I leaped at her, and she muffled her scream to a squeal. My teeth closed around her throat and I began to squeeze down slowly, teeth sinking in and breaking apart the skin. She screamed something in Spanish. Rudy and Ale began speaking in low voices. I gathered that she was saying something different this time. I focused on my jaw around Teresa's thickset throat. I let my claws sink into her thighs and she screamed as they pierced skin, sinking deeply into her. 

I pull back on the teeth in her throat, tongue flicking out to suck up any blood that flows out. My rough tongue causing her to wince as it grates against the open and sensitive wounds. She begins speaking in very fast Spanish towards Ale and Rudy. I continue to lick up the blood, mostly just smearing it all over her skin at this point. My nose snuffles up towards her ear, making sure she can hear my sniffing sounds. Her pulse spikes higher. "You taste nice," I growl in her ear and I hear her heartbeat stutter. She didn't understand what I'd said, but she didn't like me growling. 

"Has she been telling the truth this time Cacharro?" Alejandro asked me.

"As far as I can tell yeah. I don't know if she's given you everything, but what's she's said hasn't been a lie."