Part 2 Selena1

Salem was a mountain city.

The royal palace stood on a steep cliff, suspended on three sides, with a stone bridge connecting it to the sacred mountain on the other side. It was a Gothic castle.

Inside the palace on this day, the court steward, Black Nanny, had her hands clasped together, resting on her chest, trying her best to maintain the palace etiquette, but her heart had long been on fire.

Where is she hiding?

Finally, she spotted the maid, Ella. Ella also noticed Black Nanny almost at the same time and turned to escape.

"You stop right there!"

Black Nanny growled lowly, like a raging wave, shattering Ella's thoughts of running away!

Ignoring all etiquette, Black Nanny ran up to Ella and grabbed her wrist.

"Where is the princess?"

"The Sacred Flame never dies."

Ella suddenly bowed, and Black Nanny had to let go, bowing in return.

"The Divine Presence."

After saying that, Black Nanny reached out to grab Ella's hand again, but Ella playfully jumped away, forcing Black Nanny to scold her.

"The Holy Envoy is about to arrive. If anything goes wrong and it affects the important matters, do you plan to jump off a building or hang yourself, Ella?"

When Black Nanny said that, Ella's heart skipped a beat. Offending the princess and being scolded would really ruin everything. Ella reluctantly made a face at the small chapel but couldn't give up.

"Black Nanny, you know how the princess is. Even His Majesty can't handle her. What can you do?"

"What can I do? As her nanny, I can only dedicate my life to her!"

"Do you have to go to such lengths? Don't let it affect your health. If you ask me, when the teacher comes, maybe there will be some use."

Black Nanny paused, her eyes shifting back and forth.

"I'm going to find the teacher now. You keep an eye on the princess. If anything goes wrong, be careful, or I'll skin you alive."

After saying that, Black Nanny rushed off.

"Even if you skin me alive, what's it worth? Can I really keep an eye on the princess?"

Ella finished talking to herself and wondered why the princess hadn't come out yet. Was she really not going to see the Holy Envoy?

She walked through the courtyard and arrived at the front of the small chapel, peeking in. Suddenly, she saw a shadow, so dark that it had almost no depth, standing behind the princess.

It was none other than the teacher.

Inside the small chapel, Princess Selena had been kneeling in front of the statue of the Virgin for a long time. She felt the presence of the person behind her and stood up, turning to face the shadow.

"Teacher, do I really have to go to the Theological Academy?"

"Yes, Your Highness. As I have mentioned before, theology is the path to the long-lasting stability of the kingdom. Your Highness should consider the overall situation and not act on impulse."

Selena sneered. She folded her arms and walked to the tall rose window. A beam of light passed through the group of angels in the stained glass, shining on her crimson royal uniform, making the golden shoulder insignia sparkle.