Part 14 Selena7

Selena and Ella were hiding on the second floor. The visitor didn't enter the house but spoke angrily outside the door to a little girl. Their voices suddenly rose, almost piercing the air, while the little girl's voice was barely audible.

Selena couldn't bear it and was about to go out, but Ella held her back tightly. Selena knew that Ella was waiting for the little girl to fulfill a promise, so she patiently waited.

After a while, the visitor's voice abruptly stopped, then there was a creak, the sound of footsteps, and the little girl returned to the cabin alone. Selena immediately took Ella downstairs and saw tear stains in the corner of the little girl's eyes, but nothing else seemed out of the ordinary.

Selena glanced outside the window. "Who was that person just now, and why were they so furious with you?"

"That was my master, it's none of your business. You should leave quickly," the little girl replied.

Ella stepped forward, her expression sincere. "But you promised to teach us about solving equations."

The little girl, just scolded and feeling aggrieved, furrowed her brow and began to reprimand the unexpected guests. "You both passed the entrance exam, how can you not know this?"

Ella immediately stood in front of Selena and took the little girl's hand, smiling. "Little sister, don't be angry. We've never learned this before, please help us."

"Never learned? Then how did you pass the exam?"

"Well, it's a long story, but we have quite the background. You know my mistress, do you? She is the heiress to the throne of the Kingdom of Salem, Princess Selena!"

After saying this, Ella stood up and pointed at Selena. The little girl circled around Selena, noticing her attire resembling that of a boy, her dignified demeanor, indeed resembling her own young master. But after blinking, she shook her head.

"Even if you were a princess, why would you be wandering around here? So, stop boasting. Even if you were a king, you wouldn't act like this, right?"

Seeing Ella expose their identities, Selena was somewhat displeased, but remained silent. However, upon hearing the little girl's words, her expression suddenly changed, becoming embarrassed and annoyed, and she turned to leave.

Ella was also taken aback. She looked at Selena's back and then at the little girl, unable to say a word.

The little girl was not inherently unkind and felt she had been too harsh. She looked down at her shoes and sighed. "Forget it, who you are doesn't matter. If you have any questions, ask quickly."

Ella quickly grabbed Selena. Selena also wanted to listen, so she stopped in her tracks. Ella approached and explained the problem to the little girl.

After spending the entire night studying with Selena, Ella naturally remembered every detail, including punctuation marks. The little girl listened and then thought for a moment.

"Oh, I understand. This is your first time encountering mathematics, right? Let me start with the symbols. For example, this 'X' is actually the letter 'X', and the tree-like symbol is the letter 'Y'. They represent the independent and dependent variables respectively..."

Selena listened intently, perhaps because she had pondered it deeply, feeling as though she had entered an entirely new world. It seemed like an endless expanse of ice, clear, bright, and immaculate.

The formulas and theorems were as unique and orderly as ice crystals, following the same rules, creating a beautifully complex order. It presented a melody like music, leaping and shimmering in her thoughts.