Part 6 Selena3

Selena stood outside the study, incessantly pounding on the door until her stepmother, Sofia, hurriedly arrived. With a heart full of sorrow and anger, Selena turned away. Inside the study, her father, Edward, continued to haphazardly smash things, the sound of shattering like knives slicing through Selena's heart.

Selena couldn't comprehend why her father suddenly erupted in anger and drove her away. The only thing she knew was that this sudden upheaval was connected to the bracelet. Perhaps the dagger was what her father desired, while the golden film represented the complete opposite.

But was it necessary to display such temperament? What was the reason behind it all?

She felt bewildered and perplexed. When did her relationship with her father deteriorate to this extent?

She pushed past the approaching nanny and ran back to her own chamber, locking Ella outside and disregarding her pleas. Selena stripped off all her jewelry, even tearing her gown into blue and purple fragments. Standing in front of the large mirror, she began to bind her chest, trembling all over as she layered one white cloth after another until her chest was flattened.

But as soon as she let go, the white cloth unraveled.

It was futile, all in vain.

Selena sank down onto the carpet, burying her head in her hands and pulling at her hair.

She couldn't see how beautiful her body, illuminated by the flickering fireplace, truly was.

After an unknown amount of time, a low, hoarse voice came from outside the door.

"Selena, it's me. Open the door."

Selena, huddled in the corner, finally stood up, quickly tidied herself, put on her royal military uniform, and opened the door for her teacher.

The teacher entered and saw the mess strewn across the room. He paused for a moment, then turned to look at Selena's pale face.

"You're leaving tomorrow, and yet you still throw such a tantrum?"

"It wasn't me, it was Father..." Selena suddenly stopped herself, sighing with a heart as lifeless as ashes. What was the use of saying all this? She changed the subject and asked, "Teacher, do you have something to tell me?"

"Oh, it's nothing important. Your Highness is setting off tomorrow, and I won't be able to see you off, so I came to bid farewell in advance."

"Thank you, Teacher. I will try to unravel the mystery as soon as possible."

"By the way, Your Highness, what do you intend to do at the Theological Academy?"

"Well, I haven't thought about it yet. I suppose I'll play it by ear."

Upon hearing Selena's response, the teacher fell silent for a moment. He paced around the room, walked into the shadow beside the large French window, and looked down at the mist-covered city of Nazareth for a moment. Then he turned to look at Selena, who was feeling despondent.

"Your Highness, you are exceptionally talented. I shouldn't waste words, but after all these years as teacher and student, I have a few things to say before we part."

Although she wasn't in the mood, Selena became serious when she heard the solemnity in her teacher's voice. She knew her teacher's character well—he never wasted words and only appeared to guide her in critical moments. They had just discussed her journey to the Theological Academy yesterday, and now he had come again, so it must be something important.

Selena followed suit. "Teacher, please speak."

The teacher began slowly.

"Your mother was once a clergywoman at the Theological Academy."