CHAPTER 17: Feelings And Tattoos.

My eyes traced the contours of her glossy skin and were captivated by her striking grey irises. Her nose, gracefully pointed, complemented her alluring lips.

She possessed a face meticulously sculpted, an oval canvas highlighting her features. Goosebumps pricked at my skin, and I averted my gaze when our eyes met.

Hardin nudged me, silently urging me to introduce myself. Overwhelmed with shyness, sweat began to bead on my forehead as I contemplated speaking up. It was impossible to maintain eye contact while talking to her. My attempt to speak resulted in an incoherent murmur.

Hardin shook his head disapprovingly and intervened, "This is Zayn Orson, a new member of the Shaque. He's yet to complete the transition to full blood and will start with your phase."

I shot a sidelong glance at Hardin, perplexed by his words about "blood." My eyes darted across the table, spotting ink, a nose mask, and gloves. Numerous questions surged through my mind regarding her profession.

Glancing around the room, I noted a bed; perhaps she was a nurse, but I felt perfectly fine. Discomfort gnawed at me. Her voice disrupted my thoughts as she inquired, "Is he aware?" while scrutinizing me with a smile.

Her gaze shifted to Hardin, who asserted, "He doesn't need to know, just do it, he's also a lover of reptiles."

In the midst of the chilly atmosphere, a sudden surge of panic coursed through me, quickening my breath. "Quite interesting," she mentioned, shifting her gaze towards me. "I'm Imogen, a tattoo artist. Don't be frightened; you're in safe hands," she reassured me with a smile.

Her voice resonated in my mind, possessing a calming effect. The notion of getting a tattoo had never crossed my mind or dreams. However, if it meant escaping the Shaque unscathed and alive, I was willing, even though I couldn't find a reason to continue living.

As Hardin exited, leaving just the two of us in the room, I avoided meeting her gaze since she had already risen from her seat. Imogen returned to her initial spot, retrieving a catalogue. With graceful steps, she approached and handed it to me. "It's a tattoo design catalogue; go through it and select a design," she instructed.

Taking the catalogue, I flipped through the pages, encountering various designs that left me indecisive. "I've never considered this before. Can you assist me in choosing?" I asked.

Imogen responded, "I'm not supposed to, but I'll make an exception since you're inexperienced." As I handed the catalogue back to her, she dropped it. "I have a design in mind that isn't in the catalogue." she revealed.

Adjusting the pillows on the bed, she moved away from the table. Curious, I inquired, "Which part of my body will you be tattooing?"

"It might be anywhere. I understand you're not prepared for this phase, but I'll need you to remove your shirt and lie on the bed so I can prepare," she explained with a reassuring smile.

I reciprocated her smile before she stepped away, leaving me alone in the room. With a sigh, I stood, peeled off my blue shirt, and neatly laid it on the chair. My chest felt clammy. I moved to the bed and perched there, consumed by thoughts.

What if she intended to tattoo my entire body? Panic surged within me, but before I could dwell further, I noticed her returning. She wore a nose mask, net cap, and an apron as she retrieved tools from her drawer.

"Would you like some alcohol?" she inquired.

"No, I've never had any," I replied.

"Okay then, she whispered, her voice dripping with anticipation. "You should lie down," she said as she slipped on a pair of gloves, her eyes locked on mine. As she moved closer, her touch was like a gentle caress, sending shivers down my spine.

Goosebumps erupted across my body, a sensation I couldn't quite put into words. It was something new, something I had never felt before. In that moment, I realized I had never been this close to a girl, in this way. I couldn't tear my eyes away from hers, watching them dance with desire.

I closed my eyes, not out of shame, but to savor the intensity of the moment. Thoughts raced through my mind, questioning the nature of this feeling. Could it be love? No, it couldn't be.