Hate you, Love you - Pt 3

Suppppp. At this point, I'm just changing the entire geographical location :D

Let's get into the story :)

ARU'S POV:

Aru scuttled across the dark bedroom and towards the door, checking she had dumped all the relevant and irrelevant items into her tote bag. The weird feeling in her stomach didn't go away, and that made Aru worried, something she doesn't feel often.

She eyed her outfit in the mirror again, streetlights from outside giving her face a ghostly complexion. Aru always knew to trust her gut when it came to strange situations, and this was definitely one. Clenching a fist on her tote bag handle, Aru turned and walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

Why did she look at me like that before?

Aru couldn't shake the feeling that she and Kara are going to have a thick barrier for tension tonight.

-----

Aru knocked on the door of the Acharya household, nails still digging into her palm hard enough to hurt. She had been constantly fiddling with the some-what, familiar dark green hoodie that she looted from Kara's closet, but had spent an extra ten minutes panicking at her house, wondering whether she should take it off or not. Kara had eyed it weirdly, but Aru decided ignore it and kept it on.

It was cold anyways.

The door creaked open, startling Aru out of her thoughts and automatically switching to her performance smile. An unfamiliar, yet familiar-looking boy opened the door, his hazel eyes bright.

"Oh, hey! You must be Aru!"

Aru felt her eyebrows scrunching , making the boy laugh. He stuck out his hand, eyes still sparling with mirth and a infectious grin on his face.

Aru slowly put her hand in his and shook it.

"I'm Jaiden. It's nice to meet you."

"Jaiden..." Aru trailed off, before her eyes widened comically. "O-OHHH! OH, YOU'RE..."

"Aiden's cousin, yeah."

"OH- ohhhhh. Ew."

Jaiden's smile froze as Aru tried to fix her sentence.

Her brain immediately kicked in with the blabbering.

Great job, Shah, embarrassing yourself in front of another good looking guy. We need a certificate at this point. No, a trophy because of that one time with Aiden-

Shut up, Aru mentally grumbled while shutting down the mortifying memories that she made sure never saw the light of day again.

Her attention snapped back to the carbon copy of the boy she despised.

Yeah, right.

"No, I didn't- I mean, it's just that... Aiden sucks," Aru amended loudly to drown out the voice, her stomach twisting a little more when she sees him pull a weird face.

Okay, why the heck am I getting so many "She's a weirdo" looks today?

Newsflash, probably because you are one, comes Brynne's snarky reply.

Hello to you to, Aru shoots back grumpily. Then asks, You got anything cooking? I'm hungry.

No reply.

Okay, fine. Be a brat, she thinks to herself.

"Can't argue with that logic, but, it's just that I thought..." Jaiden trailed off, giving Aru a once over, his gaze eventually landing on her chest, making her blush.