2

TW: hitting/punching, homophobia

Grian POV

Pearl didn't talk to me the whole bus ride home. And she didn't talk to me until we got inside. We were greeted by mum and though I knew I was in trouble, Pearl was completely oblivious. And I want to keep it that way.

"Pearl darling," mum started, "would you please go to your room for a bit, I need to have a chat with your brother."

Oh shit

She obliged and left me wondering what I had done this time. Oh right. I stabbed Olivia with a pencil. Even though I didn't.

"So I hear you stabbed another girl with a pencil, and no less she was one of Pearls friends. So you are jealous that Pearl has friends and you don't. How selfish of you."

Unwisely, I muttered, "I have Scar..."

Slap

"Anyway, what's the relationship between you and this Scar" (I did a typo and accidentally wrote Sam...)

"We're just friends if that's what you mean."

"Yes but do you like him like, you know."

I hesitated for a bit too long and...

Punch

"Get those disgusting feelings out of your head! Now go to your room!"

I didn't hesitate this time, I peeled up the stairs. And I thought I heard someone quickly running through the hallway and a door close. But I was probably just the wind.