Training with Junjie

"Now Eli, keep your body fluid, as if it was water," Eli watched Junjie's movement trying his best to mimic them. However, compared to Junjie's form, his was rigid and stiff, knocking Burpy off balance and into a pile of snow. Junjie's slug on the other hand, was able to curve around the stalagmites and land softly back on his shoulder.

Burpy hopped back to Eli, dusting the snow off of him and chirping annoyingly. "Sorry bud, I'm still getting used to this...slug kungfu."

"It's pronounced Slugfu, Eli," corrected Junjue. "Hmm? Oh right, Slug Fu. I'm still new to this Slug Fu." Junjie rolled his eyes as he watched Burpy and Eli laugh along to the corny joke. The other members of the Shane Gang were also here, Trixie, Pronto, and Kord as well.

Everyone had been wearing coats as it was the snowy season for Slugterra, well...except for Junjie. His exact words were "this cocoon of entrapment would only hinder my connection with my slugs, therefore I refuse to don this cloak," it was clear he still had to catch up from his time under the Dark slug. Though, despite his stubbornness, he didn't seem to mind the cold.

Eli had grown exceptionally in terms of his Slug Fu, and while it was enough to get the upper hand on most of his enemies, he still didn't hold a candle to Junjie. Which was why he was here trying to correct his form of guidance, Junjie had already perfected it when he was 11 and now his slugs would always hit their mark and were able to gracefully weave through obstacles. Its application and use were limitless.

They'd been coming out for over a week, snow or no snow, trying to get Eli to drop his awkward movements, but still the Shane struggled to mimic Junjie exactly. "You look like a puppet controlled by strings," joked Junjie. "You're hilarious," replied Eli sarcastically, while throwing a snowball at Junjie's face, which the Eastern Champion dodged easily.

On the sidelines, Trixie recorded the training using her camera, focusing on the stance the two had. "Why're you recording them?" asked Kord. "Eli could use these videos to help his training when Junjie isn't available. It doesn't hurt to have them just in case."

"Don't be silly, the Shane learned everything he knows from Pronto. We Molenoids are excellent teachers," both Kord and Trixie shared a look with each other. Pronto was one of the first people Eli met when he came down from the surface, because of that Pronto usually goes around telling people he was basically a teacher for him. Even though that wasn't the case, Eli never really bothered to correct Pronto as the two get along really well.

"Is that so? Well Pronto, if you're such a good teacher, why don't you take over for Junjie. It seems Eli's struggling a bit." Pronto turned his attention back to Kord, "w-well I could, but I wouldn't want to hurt Junjie's feelings." "Oh I wouldn't mind, actually I really wanted to see the teaching methods of the great Pronto," said Junjie who had heard the trio's entire conversation.

Pronto, not being one to back down from a challenge: "very well I will, Shane get ready to learn from a master." Now Pronto had no idea how to Slug Fu, instead he started saying vague things about Eli's form, in order to sound like he knew what he was doing.

"Lift you elbow higher"

"Keep your chest steady"

"Make your arms wider"

Eli continued to play along to Pronto's act, while Junjie stood next to them with his arms folded. Meanwhile, Trixie was still recording.

"Alright Eli, now that I have fixed that form of yours, show me what you have learned," Eli launched Burpy back into his blaster and fired, quickly getting into the guidance stance. Despite playing along he still took his training seriously and was trying his best to make his form correct.

This time around it seemed to be doing well as Burpy was moving easily around the stone pillars and not touching anything, "Excellent work my student, now bring the slug around slowly," said Pronto who was also surprised at Eli's improvement.

As Eli brought Burpy closer, his nose started to twitch. Feeling a sneeze coming on he tried to keep his hands steady but as he let out an involuntary expulsion of air, his hands jerked.

Following his hands, Burpy unexpectedly sped into the left direction, slamming right into Junji's back. Causing him to land straight in a frozen lake, and falling in the water when breaking the icy surface.

"I-I- you see, Pronto planned this. This move is called the Molenoid takedown, and is excellent for knocking out your enemies," said Pronto who continued to keep the act going. Junjie slowly walked out of the lake soaking wet, clutching the sides of his arms and chattering his teeth. It was clear he regretted not wearing 'the cloak of entrapment' as he called it.

Kord and Trixie burst out laughing, while Eli, the more modest of the gang, tried to keep a straight face. "Junjie are you all right? Here, wear my jacket."

"Thank you Eli", he replied while exhaling relief as warmth started coming back to him. "I'll also be needing that footage, Trixie," said Junjie as he eyed Trixie, who was seated next to Kord, still recording. "No way, this is comedy go-," she was interrupted by Junjie's inferno, Joo-Joo.

The slug swooped down, knocking the SD card out of the camera, and then balancing it on his head to bring back to Junjie. "No fair, you can't use Slug Fu," complained Trixie who had lost an addition to her personal drive of 'comedy'.

"I told you earlier, its application and use are limitless," replied Junjie as he crushed the storage card in his hand, forever eliminating any proof of his loss to Pronto.