Renovations

"All right Mr. Shane, rest assured our work will be completed on schedule and you and your friends will be given entry shortly." explained a formally dressed man.

The Shange gang's hideout was sturdy and provided a safe haven to both members and their slugs. However, according to Kord, who was the group's go-to for most things tech related, it was time for an upgrade.

Their security features were being reassessed and replaced by 'Eastern Tech', a security company that's well known for its reputation and success. Employing them to evaluate the hideout meant that for the next little while they would have to find a new temporary home.

"All right, has everyone packed their bags?" asked an overly energetic Eli, whose attitude did not match the fact that everyone was awake in the middle of the night.

"You're way too excited about this," noted Kord, who was still feeling a bit groggy from having to wake at the odd hour.

"I can't help it, I've never stayed at a hotel in Slugterra before. I'll miss the hideout but it'll be nice to have a change of environment." agreeing with Eli, Burpy chirped excitedly next to him.

Pronto sighed, it was clear he didn't share the same enthusiasm as his teammate. "Well did we have to get up this early? We Molenoids require our beauty sleep."

"It can't be helped, 'Eastern Tech' needs access to the space for their installations, and they'll be here soon, so I suggest we start heading out," said Trixie.

After placing their belongings in the back, they rode their vehicles down to the city where their hotel, 'Slug Hosts Inc.' was located.

"Well this place certainly lives up to its reputation," admired Trixie as she recorded the welcoming scenery around her.

"I take it you're the Shane Gang?" asked a woman with a friendly expression on her face. She was wearing the hotel's uniform and had a bright smile to match her bubbly personality.

"We sure are!" said Eli.

"Terrific! Please follow me and I will show you to your rooms."

Due to how popular the hotel was, the Shane gang were only able to book two rooms, meaning they would have to pair up and share each room.

"Well here are your rooms, please feel free to let me know if you need anything else," she said as she handed the keys to Eli, going back to the lobby afterwards.

Kord and Pronto grabbed one of the keys while Eli and Trixie kept the other.

Kord was a heavy sleeper and could sleep through almost anything, combined with the fact that Pronto would often snore during the night, they decided to be roommates. Eli and Trixie on the other hand, were light sleepers and were woken fairly easily, they had paired up mainly because of this.

It was still very early so both pairs had time to kill.

"Wanna watch a movie?" asked Eli. During the storm, the gang had watched Kord's movie, and there hadn't been another opportunity for a movie night after that.

"C'mon Eli, we're at the famous Slug Hosts hotel. You don't really want to spend it cooped up in our rooms, do you?" responded Trixie.

Eli chuckled to himself, it was clear he wasn't going to be able to watch his movie today after all. "Alright, what did you have in mind then?"

The night before, Trixie had decided to dig a little into the amenities the hotel provided and already had a list of activities she was excited to try. "Let's head over to the pool!"

Slug Hosts didn't spare a dime in their aquatic recreational activities. There were luxurious cabanas, butlers, spas, wave machines, and a massive water-slide that stretched across the ceiling.