Needed

Y/n P.O.V

"Not quite... you were actually my fiancé." His fiancé..? What... I- how- why? WHAT!?

Our eyes were still staring into the others when he fully turned to me. I stood facing him in utter shock at the sentence that left his lips about a few seconds ago.

"your fiancé?" He nodded in response. "I- what exactly happened? This... This is a lot" I felt sad all of sudden... like my self conscious knows what happened but I don't... "This hasn't brought your memories back? I- I thought it would" Kaname is the one sounding shocked now.

"No... I feel sad like I'm supposed to remember but I have no memories" I wanted to remember... I wanna know what's going on but- I can't... I covered my eyes as tears fell from them. As I did so, I heard his footsteps close the gap between us and pull me into his chest like he did before.

"Y/n... Please don't cry." He held me tight against his chest, his arms wrapped around me as if I was his teddy bear or something. When I pulled away I found myself back in his office. "Kaname... why did I erase my own memories?"

The words left my mouth as I stepped back from him. I looked into his eyes hoping he'd return my gaze though instead he looked out the window. His hands now rested on my shoulders as though if he were to let go... I'd vanish. "To restart I suppose..." To restart!?

"Kaname, why and how would I erase my memories and restart?" He looked like if he told me... I'd break. I didn't like that look to say the least. "You reset to forget all the hurt..." Wait... to restart from a dark past...? "I- hold on... please just tell me the full thing! I don't understand!"

I shouted at the end as more tears ran down my face. "Y/n" everything froze when I was pulled into his embrace yet again but this time... it was...

Different... his right hand: around my waist, holding me against him. His left hand: under my chin.

His lips: on my own...

He's kissing me... HE'S KISSING ME!?

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my head and in that moment of pain, everything went black and ... I saw everything-

~Flashback~
Y/n P.O.V

Some how I instantly knew...

Rido is here... Kaname's uncle...

Mom, Dad and Yuki and Kaname's parents are outside fighting him.... We were still inside, sitting on the couch unaware of what was happening outside. Kaname has Yuki and I in his arm, holding onto us with everything he had.

"Big brother... where'd everybody go? Are we gonna be okay?" Yuki asked Kaname. She didn't know what was going on... She's too young to understand. I simply hugged him tighter and grabbed Yuki's hand. "Just stay quiet, okay?" Kaname responded, pulling her closer.

It felt like I was reliving it all.

And I knew the outcome.

Yuki sat on Kaname's lap with her head against his chest, clinging to her brother in fear. I sat on his left, also clinging to him. His left arm was tight around me while his right, held his sister close to us. My left arm was holding Yuki's hand while my right was around Kaname.

Suddenly Juri returned and Kaname immediately ran to her, passing Yuki over to me. "Mother! What's the situation?" Yuki jumped down from my lap and ran over to her brother and mother. "Mother!" I got up and followed, never letting go of Yuki's hand.

"Kaname... You need to go out there. I'm gonna use the spell." Juri spoke with her hands on Kaname's shoulders. It was only now that I realized she had tears running down her cheeks. "Understood, mother." And with that Kaname ran outside not looking back.

"Juri, what's going on? Why do they need Kaname?" As the words left my lips, Yuki let go of my hand and ran to her mother. "Y/n... I'm sorry... your parents they..." She sighed as more tears ran down her cheeks. Her voice hating the words that came from it. "Rido killed them. Haruka is also most likely dead..." My jaw hit the floor.

Without hesitation, I ran outside.

And all I found was Kaname alone in the snow. "Kaname? Where's my parents? Where's your dad? Where's Rido..?" My breath caught in my throat. I knew what happened... but I didn't want to believe it.. I couldn't...

Kaname turned to me; his head down as he walked towards me and pulled me into him. Hugging me as tight as he could without hurting me. Tears fell down my cheeks. I couldn't breathe.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have let them face Rido.... Your family should never have been involved in this... I'm so sorry..." I heard his voice break. The top of my head became wet, not because of the snow... But because of his tears.

He pulled me closer now, kissing the top of my head. Surprisingly, I pulled away. "N/n (your nickname) please... just go back inside... please" He sounded desperate. I didn't care. I didn't need to go back inside...

I needed to be strong.
I needed to get revenge.
I needed to kill Rido.
I needed to get stronger so I could hunt down Rido and kill him.

I ran. No hesitation. No time to think. I just ran. I heard his voice calling after me but I knew he wouldn't chase me. Because Yuki and Juri were still inside. He wouldn't leave them alone.

I ran for what felt like hours in the freezing cold snow. Until I found what looked to be pink petals atop the snow. "You're all alone, child?" My head shot up at the woman's voice.

she wasn't far in front as She stalked towards me. The pink petals surrounded her. Her smell... she's a pureblood like me... "What are you doing all alone like this, little one?" She was just about two feet away when she crouched down in front of me.

"I'm running. Running away to return stronger." I was surprised she heard my hushed voice in the windy snow. "You wish to become strong? For revenge, I'd assume?" I finally met her gaze when she said that. Her eyes were piercing holes into my own.

"Yes."

She took my hand and said she'd make me stronger. So I believed her. I followed her. I trusted her.

That was a mistake.

Socials:
Cosplay YouTube: crescentdragonfly
Edit/AMV YouTube: EditGeneral
Gaming YouTube: PlayTimeAgain
Instagram: crescentdragonfly
TikTok: crescentdragonfly