Prologue

They say that fate has been written on the sky, in between the stars that decorate the beautiful sky. But, no matter how much you try, you cannot change fate, even if it's too cruel.

"ehh~ that's such a bullshit, fate is just a line you have to cross. But of course~ it depends if you're strong enough to cross it or not~"

"now then.. let's see if you're strong enough to do that,
[y/n] Alunasteria."

the voice let out a chuckle in the room of void.

✧————————✧————————✧

it was chaos.

fire was everywhere, many part of the castle was already destroyed, no part of the castle was in a decent condition as even the main part of it was on the verge of collapsing. in the midst of the fire, there was three people standing with messy and dirty clothes.

two male adult and a young girl. both of them cover the girl, trying their best to keep her safe while the girl just cling into the hem of a cape that the adult in front of her wearing as tears filled her eyes. both of the adult had their sword out, ready to attack whoever cause this chaos.

one of the adult with black hair and streaks of blue hair grit his teeth as he took a glance at the young girl, his one and only beloved daughter. he know he have to do something, anything to keep her safe, to keep her alive. after all he know, he always know deep down that she can break the so called fate. he know that if anyone can break the cursed fate it would be her.

"Michael! cover us for a second." he look at the other adult behind his daughter as he stab his sword to the ground.

"as you wish your highness." Michael replied as he move himself in front of them, ready to protect the two royals.

the young girl father kneel down in front of her, his hand reach out towards her head before he start caressing her head gently with his rough hand. the young girl could only look at her father with fear and worry in her teary eyes, "what are we gonna do father?" the girl asked with shaky voice.

her father smile softly, "you have to listen to me okay? Michael will take you out here and he will get you to somewhere safe." her father begin.

the girl only look at her father with confusion within her eyes hearing her father words, "e-eh? but what about you father? I-I'm not going anywhere without you!" the girl shook her head as she launch herself towards her father, hugging him tightly while tears beginning to stream down her closed eyes.

"you have to honey.. I can't go with you because I have to defeat the bad people and protect our kingdom." her father reasoned, trying to convince her as he return the embrace.

"n-no! I don't want that! I don't want anything bad happened to you father!" the girl screamed as she grip the back of her father cape.

Michael could only grip his sword tighter in frustration hearing the king's words, feeling useless as a knight that he couldn't protect the royals from the evil being. the king and the princess always been nothing but kind to him yet..

"you don't have to worry about me [y/n]. you know that your father is a strong man right?" her father chuckle as he rub his daughter back, trying to sooth her worry.

 her father pull her away from the hug, "I'll come and get you, wherever you will be [y/n], I promise." her father bring his hand in front of the girl face and giver her his pinky finger.

"promise?" the girl mutter softly as she place her pinky in front of her dad's.

her dad gives her a gentle smile before locking their pinky finger together, "of course honey.. I promise okay?"