Sick Bay/Meet the Team

The sick bay. A place where people who are sick or injured go to get checked over. And with their recklessness, it wasn't much of a surprise that Uzi and Scout ended up in their a lot. That also meant they've gotten very familiar with the Repair Drone there, Dell "Engineer" Conagher, aka, Engi.

Engineer: *gives Uzi an ice pack* There we go. But tell me, what in Sam's Hill were you thinking? What did you 2 even do? I mean, look at you. Broken parts. Cracked visors. Burn marks. Your families must be worried about you.

Uzi: I doubt it.

Scout: Engi. Engi, Engi, Engi, Engi. Your listening? We just.... well.... got to close to Braden, and his head caught on fire again.

Engi: *laughs* OK, seriously, though. You're as dumb as you think I'm. I can see that gun behind you.

Scout: *to Uzi* I thought you hid it!

Uzi: BITE ME!!! *to Engi* Fine. We made a railgun, and it may or may not have blown up in our faces.

Engi: I knew it. You 2 are dumber than dirt, aren't you? Hmmmmm, it looks like I need to get more parts. Guess I'll have to go on another parts run.

The moment he said this, Uzi and Scout's eyes lit up. Engi noticed that the 2 were looking at him with familiar looks on their faces.

Engi: *sighs* Fine. You 2 come go. But 1st ask your parents.

Uzi: Yes.

But let's be honest: Uzi and Scout aren't going to ask their parents. Why? Because they'll say no, and Scout and Uzi are rebellious teenagers with the latter having daddy issues.

?: Ew, it didn't kill her! Oh my god, it's so bad!

The 2 teenagers look at see 2 of the popular students making fun of them. These are Lizzy and Doll. But they aren't too important. At least, not now. After being realized that they were spotted, they ran off, Uzi groaning as they did. Just as she did, a green eyed drone walks in.

?: Classic toxic masculinity, Chad! That's never gonna end up problematic... Oh, hi, Engi.

Engi: Morning, Thad.

Thad: Oh wow, Uzi, Scout? I heard you 2, uh-

Uzi: We're angsty teens, Thad. Bite me! Also, how do you know my name? People willingly talk to you.

Thad: *Chuckles* Well, I'd say everyone knows Khan's daughter, but, uh... Then you might blow the other half of your face off.

Uzi: Crippling daddy issues, hilarious...

Scout: What are you in for? Testosterone too hard?

Thad: That can happen? Awesome. Hey, those bandages look pretty badass, you 2!

Uzi: Oh... *blushes* Uh, ew. Gross, I hate that you said that.

Thad: So, what's the, uh...

Uzi: *Points railgun* Sick-as-hell railgun?! Sci-Fi nonsense, that super works! We're sneaking-I mean going to the Murder Drone lair tonight to get the last spare part that we needs to save the world with it and earn my dad's respect and stuff, but mostly the world part.

Thad: Oh, but doesn't your dad make awesome doors so we don't have to, uh... Do that scary sounding emotionally repressed stuff you just said?

Uzi: *Angrily points railgun into his cheek* NO MORE FEEDBACK ON MY REPRESSION TODAY!!

Thad: Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't think...

Uzi: *Leaves* BITE ME! *Comes back* I'm not mad at you, by the way, just generally hormonal! *Leaves again*

Scout: Hey! WAIT FOR ME!!! *Runs after her*