Chapter 35

Kaya

Wolfe was here, he finally came for me. And wow, his true form was big as fuck. Did he really run into the hospital looking like that?

There was still this searing pain coursing through my body, however my hand moved on its own and pulled out the scalpel and then the pain went away.

Wolfe looked at me and for a moment his red pupils turned green and blue. But then he saw me in pain and they turned red again. The man was on the floor crying in pain, holding his torn shoulder only for Wolfe to attack him again and brutally tear his body apart.

I didn't feel bad for him. He deserved it.

At the same time I felt myself pass out again and slowly the world tilted upside down and then everything went black.

~~~

When I passed out, I was hoping I'd wake up to something that wasn't the hospital scent. I literally got held captive at the hospital and my alpha came to rescue me, so why would I still be here?

I opened my eyes and I was lying in a very comfy bed. I was tucked under the sheets, all patched up and had a heart monitor attached to me. I was still disoriented but as everything cleared before me, I saw my mom and her boyfriend standing in the room. Another was holding my hand, it was Wolfe.

"Hey..." he cooed and gently brushed his thumb over my cheek. "About damn time. You got me worried there, pup."

"Y-you came for me..." I whispered, my voice still sounding a little hoarse.

"Of course I did. You think I'd let anyone harm my mate and get away with it? Don't worry about the heat, the doctors gave you a few heat suppressants." He patted my head before he kissed my forehead.

"Oh, Kaya!" My mom sobbed and came to stand on the other side of the bed, holding my hand. "I was so worried! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Mom," I assured her. I honestly never saw her that worried about me before and did feel bad for her.

"We should give the two of them a moment," her boyfriend said, gently massaging her shoulder. It looked as if he could tell Wolfe was getting annoyed and possessive.

"Should I bring you anything from home?" She asked me.

"That won't be necessary..."

She nodded and gave Wolfe a faint smile before the two of them left. The room finally felt less crowded and all I wanted to do was get the fuck out of here and go home already.

"How are you feeling?" Wolfe asked me. "He hurt you and your wound already healed. It looks like the heat must've accelerated your transition."

"I'm okay, I just want to go home."

"You want to leave now?"

"I mean, if I heal fast, surely I don't need to stay here any longer right?"

He chuckled and nuzzled his nose against my cheek. "Believe me, I would love to get you out of here and take you home. You're in heat and all I want to do is knock you up, but I did just kill a man in my wolf form and a couple of people saw me run into the hospital. The sheriff needs to cover all that up and so far as everyone is concerned, he tried conducting an experiment on you and you got saved. The doctors can't know you healed yet, you'll need to stay here till they see you're well and recovered. Also, the sheriff will come and ask you a few questions."

"Uhg!" I rolled my eyes. This was a pain in the butt. "I could really do with some dick right now!"

Wolfe became quiet. I looked at him and saw that he was staring off into oblivion, clearly deep in thought and holding my hand in his.

"I'm sorry for worrying you like that," I said and squeezed his hand. "I should've been honest with you. Had I done that, you would've caught him before he..."

"Hey, none of it's your fault! He kidnapped your mother and I understand that what you did was only because you worried for her safety."

"No, Wolfe. I have to take the blame for this. I'm just a weak omega and when I'm in trouble, I need to be honest with my alpha so he can keep me safe!"

"Are you listening to yourself? Kaya, I saw how those leather restraints attached to that bed got torn. You did that all by yourself and on top of that you also healed pretty quickly. Only alpha's can showcase that level strength and healing!"

"What are you trying to say?" I frowned.

"It means you're special, Kaya. It only proves more that you and I are a match for each other and if you were just some weak omega, you wouldn't be mated with me in the first place." He stood up and then lifted me so he could join me in the bed and hold me on his lap. "I will make sure your safety is my number one priority and part of that will be me training you and helping you control your new gift. Your shift might not happen on a full moon and we need to be prepared for that. And then once that happens, we will be stronger together and we will tackle any obstacle coming our way."

"You're amazing, Wolfe."

"Oh you better not try sweet talking yourself after this. When we get home, I do intend on punishing you for this!"

"As if I would ever say no to that..." I grinned and brushed my nose against his before I pressed my lips against his.

And that's it for Season 2! Both season 1 and 2 are permanently available for free! If you wanna read Season 3 and 4 you'll find them on my Inkitt page.