Before The New Arc Starts...

12-09-2023

Image above by: @tomapierro on Twitter

-----

Hi guys!

We've come to the end of the STONE WARS ARC! Yayyyyy! I hope you guys enjoyed this journey and fic so far!

I'm making this chapter to celebrate! But also to bring some important news, so make sure you guys read them, okay?

1. Once this chapter is posted, I will be taking a HIATUS! It's not gonna be forever, though. It'll MOST LIKELY be about 1-2 months long, with the latest being 3.

Reason? I'VE BEEN WRITING THIS FOR A YEAR AND A HALF STRAIGHT, and if we're counting the time I wrote it before publishing the first 11-ish chapters, THAT'S TWO YEARS. I need a break! I don't want to be stressed as hell and drop this fic because of burnout!

I know a lot of you may be bummed but I just want to take this break to make sure that I come back in good condition to write the Treasure Island arc! I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T MIND THOUGH!

I will let you guys know when I am coming back on my profile! Keep yourselves updated by archiving this work for now, keeping it on a reading list or library, or just follow me--WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU!

2. Since I'm done with the Stone Wars arc, tell me:

What did you LIKE?

What did you NOT LIKE?

The reason I'm asking those two questions is because I had some parts in the fic that I wasn't satisfied with, and I wanted to know if you guys had the same thoughts with said parts.

I feel like I had difficulty writing after the confession scene because I had to write romance scenes in regards to a partner, AND I DON'T HAVE A PARTNER! I'm a lonely, single Pringle. I now understand why some writers just end it when the couple gets together, but I also didn't wanna make it cliché and make both leads dense. I made (Y/N) a little slow, not DUMB AS HELL. However, I did make it through by asking my friend, who helps with this fic and I'll call "Noodle" for now, for some advice. ( ';゚;∀;゚;)

3. TIME FOR THEORIES AND QUESTIONS! I'm just gonna use this part of the chapter for you guys to ask me whatever question you want regarding OCs, theories, how I came up with certain scenarios, etc.

What do you WANT to see? What do you think is going to happen? Ask whatever!

For the most part, I used a helluva lot of music, film, and other media for inspiration and references. You could probably tell by some lyrics or lines that were sprinkled throughout, like Cupid by FIFTY FIFTY, I won't say I'm in love from Disney's Hercules, For Fruits Basket from the original 2001 Fruits Basket anime, and more. Some lines from other media I included were from Kaguya-sama: Love is War, Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse, the game Mystic Messenger, and others.

Regarding the romance scenes, I was also listening to soundtrack music for inspiration as well! Obviously, the dance scenes were inspired by Studio Ghibli music, such as Merry-go-Round of Life, but also Waltz of Chihiro and Town with an Ocean View by Joe Hisaishi.

And let's not forget VIDEO GAME MUSIC! I listened to Kirby's Pad from Kirby's Epic Yarn and Rosetta/Rosalina's Comet Observatory 1, 2, and 3 from Super Mario Galaxy for the memory scenes. Mantis Lords and Hornet from Hollow Knight (recommended by Noodle) was a huge influence on (Y/N)'s fight scenes.

The kiss scene was influenced by the Toradora anime and the Luma theme from Super Mario Galaxy!!

Obviously, I'm going to be using more music and media as inspiration for future chapters, including one-shot chapters~~

Okay, I feel like I rambled too much, but I'll see you guys soon!

(*σ>∀<)σ♪