༊*·˚| close enough to be something else.

irl & imessage!

𝗜𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧, or maybe it was early in the morning... tessa couldn't tell you, only that it was dark outside, and she was meant to be asleep.

she could hear the faint snores from viv and niamh, both girls lying in her bed, the three previously fighting over the large duvet that was now scrumpled in the corner of the bed.

she turned to check her phone, only to see that it was eleven in the night. oh.

slowly getting up, and slipping on a random pair of shoes that she stumbled on while trying to get out the bed, freezing when she'd heard one of the girls stir.

she peeked her head out of her doom before hurrying to the door of her common room, to leave and go do... something? she hadn't thought this through, shit.

the hair on her arm stood, goosebumps sent down her spine, why was it so cold?

strolling around the castle for a while by herself, seeming to lose herself in her thoughts, her fingertips stroked the walls as she walked, allowing her feet to take her wherever.

a faint meow could be heard in the distance and tess looked up, huffing slightly, and glaring at the direction it came from, before walking up the stairs to the astronomy tower; cats couldn't climb stairs, could they?

once she reached the final step, severely out of breathe, she exhaled loudly and almost slumped to the floor, only composing herself when she heard a snort.

her eyes widened as she scanned the tower, landing on the one and only... mr theodore nott. she huffed softly as she walked closer to him, "you scared me, dipshit,"

the boy was looking out at the distance, so tess could only see the side of his face and watched him smirk, "my dearest apologies, cara," his face illuminated by the pale moon, making him look heavenly.

his fingers fiddled with a lit cigarette, evident that he came up for some alone time.

the brunette girl took this as a hint to leave him to his thoughts, but when she saw his furrowed eyebrows and felt his hand clasp around her hand, she was confused.

"where you going, aldair?"

the youngest aldair, cheeks turned slightly pink, as she looked down; he tsked and placed his hand under her chin, lifting her head so she'd meet his gaze, "asked you a question, pretty girl,"

her brain went blank, so she did the first thing that came to mind, she punched him, still in his grip, "i don't have to do what you say," raising an eyebrow.

he chuckled softly under his breath, his tongue poking against his cheek, holding back a smile. she narrowed her eyes at him playfully, crumbling under his gaze as her voice went soft and sheepish, "thought you wanted to be alone," she shrugged, trying to playing off her embarrassment.

"i do," he shrugged, causing her to stand awkwardly, not being able to leave as she was still in his hold, "then why'd you stop me?"

"i wanna be alone with you," he looked down at her, shrugging sheepishly, "always with you,"

tessa couldn't help the small smile that appeared on her face, her heart beating a tad faster and butterfl— fuck butterflies, there was a whole zoo parading around in her stomach.

they walked to the edge of the tower, tess sitting with her legs dangling off the tower, the two of them sitting in a comfortable silence.

tess turned her head to look at him, watching him light a new cigarette, "why'd you do that?" he hummed in response, raising an eyebrow, not understanding, a smirk on his beautiful face, "why do i do what, aldair?"

she scrunched her nose up in distaste, "why don't you just call me tess? i call you theo, i think we're close enough to be friends,"

a cheeky grin played on his lips, "i think we're close enough to be something else, cara," the boy laughing when she elbowed him softly, always careful not to actually hurt him, "you never told me i could," answering her question.

nodding in response, "you can call me tess, theo—" her eyebrow raised as she looked up at him, "what does cara mia mean? i swear if you're insulting me,"

he snorted, "don't think i could ever insult you, cara,"

"i think you could,"

"never."

"really?"

"mhm,"

the girl grabbed her phone, making him smirk, "no cheating, you can't look up what it means," making her grumble, and shoot him a dirty look, "no fair!"

"perfectly fair,"

"y'know what, screw you, i'll give you a nickname too," she began to type on her phone, idly scrolling before her eyes lit up, and there the boy knew he dedicate the rest of his life to keep that expression on his face, "whatever you want,"

he nodded his head towards her, gesturing for her to spill as she tried to stifle her giggles, saying a single word, "polpetto,"

he threw his head back and groaned, the sound of her soft giggles filling the air; he looked back at her, "really? out of everything, you choose meatball,"

tessa grinned, "you said whatever i wanted!"

he lay in her lap, as she scrolled on her phone, and he smoked his cigarette, looking up at her, admiring the way her eyes sparkled under the moonlight, her face bare and slightly tired, imagining waking up beside her every morning.

he blew smoke away from her, prompting her to look down, and squishing his face, purely because she wanted to, "doesn't smoking kill, polpetto?"

he snorted, "it does, but maybe that's the fun part," watching his girl look at him intently, raising his thumb to smooth the crease on her forehead, "i get to do it and not suffer the repercussions, we're wizards, we can fix everthing with a flick of a wand,"

she sighed softly, "what does it feel like?"

he sat up and pulled her closer, taking a drag of his cigarette, never once taking his eyes off of her confused figure. he quirked an eyebrow at her, asking for permission, tess nodded softly.

he smirked, his face inches from hers, her lips parted, breathing heavy, his eyes dropping to her lips before meeting her eyes again. he couldn't help but be drawn to her lips and as he inched closer, her eyes flickered down to his lips, "theo, what are you— " her voice hoarse and quiet, no louder than a whisper.

he pressed his lips to hers, his teeth tugging on her bottom lip to part her lips, blowing the smoke into her mouth, smirking as her eyes widened. his breath fanned her face, as he pulled away, leaving therese's cheeks pink.

she exhaled the smoke, fireworks going off around them as his lips hovered near her ear, "happy birthday, pretty girl."

mistakes were made.

tess - blossom 🌷
niamh - cleo 🫧
vivi - madoc's love child 🧌

blossom 🌷
AGHHFRDGHJG
not delivered!

𝐥𝐚𝐚𝐢𝐛𝐚𝐡 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 ✷
20k is crazyyy, thank you baes <33
this isn't proofread and will probably be
edited bc i kinda don't like it