Chapter 1

[author's note]

all seven members are the same age in this story

they're all in their last year of high school

☼  Chapter One  ☼

☼  Chapter One  

The New Kid

Ria sighs as she blinks her eyes open, squinting at the brightness of her room. She stares at her ceiling for a moment before sitting up, running her fingers through her waist length hair. The loud knocking that had pulled her from her sleep continues, earning an annoyed groan from the half-asleep girl. 

"I'm coming!" Ria shouts, sliding her feet into her slippers as she stands from her bed. She walks into the living room of her apartment, grumbling as she shuffles to the front door. She stands on her toes to look through the peephole, rolling her eyes when she spots her three friends standing in front of her door. Ria unlocks the door, glaring at the people standing in the hallway. 

"Good morning, sunshine!" Sunoo says as he walks past her, plopping onto her couch. Ria sighs as Soomin and Yuna follow the boy, narrowing her eyes at them. 

"It's definitely too early for this." She mumbles as she sits next to Sunoo, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"No, it isn't, actually." Soomin says with a small frown, pouting at her friend. 

"Go get ready, school starts in a little over an hour and we want to go get breakfast." Yuna says, pulling Ria to her feet. The girl reluctantly goes back into her bedroom, quickly changing into her school uniform. 

It was their first day of their last year of high school and Ria was excited to graduate, and she was even more excited to leave the city soon after. Ria's aunt had taken her in and raised her, she had put her in therapy as soon as she could and did her best to be there for Ria whenever she could. Her aunt worked as a night nurse at the hospital so, she was rarely home while Ria was getting ready for her day.

"Are you excited to see Sunghoon again?" Sunoo asks as Ria emerges from her bedroom again, wiggling his eyebrows at the girl. 

"Yeah, I think so." Ria says quietly, grabbing her bag from where it sat in the kitchen. 

Park Sunghoon was Ria's boyfriend, they had been dating since the first week of tenth grade. He was her first boyfriend, and the only boy to ever keep her attention. Sunghoon was the one to ask her out, the one to pursue her. He even went as far as to ask Ria's aunt for permission to ask the girl out.