Chapter 11

☽ Chapter Eleven ☾

Chapter Eleven 

Forgive Me

Ni-ki groans as he rolls over in his bed, his hand absent-mindedly reaching out. He lifts his head when all he feels is a cool mattress, the space next to him empty. Ni-ki buries his face in his pillows, almost surprised by how much he wished he could at least see Ria. He would even settle for a high-five, or at least some confirmation that she was alive. 

It had been three days since he had seen Ria, her friends keeping him out of the loop when it came to her wellbeing. Each of them managed to keep him completely in the dark, changing the subject every time Ni-ki asked about her. Ria had disappeared after their argument at the school, after Ni-ki had said all of those terrible things. The guilt had been eating at him, his dreams riddled with different memories of their time together. His own words kept replaying over and over in his head. He felt like he was going insane without her, felt like he would never be well again until he was able to hold her. 

Ni-ki groans as he climbs out of his bed, his body aching from no sleep. He had been doing his best to help with whatever Ria's friends had asked him to do, even though they were obviously keeping certain information to herself. 

They wouldn't tell him all of the details but Ni-ki had been used to finally bring Dan-ah and her goons to justice, Ni-ki luring Dan-ah to an alley near the school to get her to talk to him. She ended up confessing to beating up Ria behind the school, along with her two sidekicks. 

News had spread through the school rather quickly and the trio was expelled immediately, Dan-ah's family had even sent her away to a reform school to try and fix her behaviour. Nabi and Jiwoon had just been transferred to different schools, the trio completely separated form each other. Ni-ki had assumed that this would solve everything and that Ria would come back and give him a chance to apologize, that didn't happen. 

Ria wouldn't answer any of his texts, wouldn't pick up any of his calls over the weekend. She wasn't showing up to any classes, and her friends wouldn't tell him what was going on. 

Ni-ki sighs as he walks to school, alone. Every day he passes by Ria's apartment, and every day he fights the urge to go up to her home. 

"Ni-ki, how's it going?" Jake throws his arm around the boys shoulders, a wide grin on his face. Ni-ki shrugs, running his hands through his hair. 

"Things could be better, have you heard anything about Ria?" He asks, just like he had been doing for the past three days. Jake takes his arm off of Ni-ki's shoulders, frowning.