Chapter 4

☽ Chapter Four ☾

Chapter Four 

Tensions

"Have you lost your mind? She said you were hurting her." Jake says, shoving Sunghoon by the chest with both of his hands. Ni-ki looks back just in time to see Ria turning a corner, letting out a short sigh of relief. He turns his attention back to Sunghoon, scowling as the boy drops his bag. 

"God, can both of you just stay out of my fucking business? This has nothing to do with you Jake." Sunghoon's voice is dangerous, his face twisted with an anger Ni-ki had never seen before. 

"What did you say to her?" Ni-ki asks, tensing when Sunghoon takes a step forward. 

"I told her why I couldn't talk to her over the summer." He says, avoiding both Ni-ki and Jake's gazes. Ni-ki can tell that he didn't tell her the truth, judging by her toned-down reaction.

"Did you tell her the truth?" Ni-ki crosses his arms, watching Sunghoon with a disapproving look on his face. Jake lifts an eyebrow, frowning at Ni-ki. 

"She doesn't need to know the truth, it would only hurt her." Sunghoon says through clenched teeth, his fists clenched by his sides. 

"What truth?" Jake asks, looking between the two boys. Ni-ki smirks, motioning with his hand. 

"Tell him, Sunghoon. Tell him what you really did over the summer." He says, Sunghoon scowling again. Jake turns to him, clearly waiting for his friend to explain himself. 

"Does it have anything to do with Yuna?" Jake asks, looking between Sunghoon and Ni-ki.

"Yeah, it does." Is all Sunghoon says before he grabs his bag and walks away, leaving the two boys behind. Ni-ki watches him leave, letting out a breath. 

Jake turns and before Ni-ki can register that he's moving, the boy shoves him with both hands on his chest. Ni-ki lands on his butt, in the dirt next to the school's footpath. His wrists scream in protest, pain shooting up through his arms. 

"What the hell?" He shouts, glaring at Jake as he stands over him. Heeseung appears next to Jake, his eyes wide as he looks at Ni-ki sitting in the dirt. 

"You better start explaining what the fuck is going on or I am going to lose my mind!" Jake shouts, pointing a finger at the boy on the ground. Heeseung puts a hand on Jake's chest, anxiously glancing at Ni-ki. Jake shoves his hand away, his eyes still focused on Ni-ki. 

"Let's just calm down." Heeseung says gently, stepping towards Jake again. 

"I'm perfectly calm." Jake snaps, closing his eyes as he takes a deep breath. He opens his eyes and levels his gaze at Ni-ki once more.