Chapter 8

☽ Chapter Eight ☾

Chapter Eight 

Is it true?

"I did not cheat, how dare you accuse me of such a thing." Ni-ki says, putting a hand on his chest as though Ria had greatly offended him. She laughs, shaking her head. The boy's eyes fall to her freckled nose, his entire demeanor softening as he watches her nose wrinkle. 

"You definitely did, there's no way you could've beaten my score by that much!" She says, pointing a finger at the boy. He turns, walking backwards in front of her so that he could still face her. 

"I did not cheat, why is it so hard to believe that I'm just better than you?" Ni-ki asks teasingly, leaning towards the girl. 

"You got lucky." Ria rolls her eyes, crossing her arms as she looks up at the boy in front of her. Ni-ki laughs as he steps beside her again, throwing an arm around her shoulder. He's careful not to lean on her too much, knowing that her bruises were bothering her all morning. 

"You pronounced 'pure awesome skill' wrong, love." He says with a small smirk pulling at the corner of his lip, winking at Ria as she looks at him with wide eyes. They both pause when they realize how close their faces are, their noses almost touching. Ni-ki lightly kisses Ria's lip, dodging the girl's hands as she swings at him. He laughs as he jogs ahead of her, knowing she can't follow him. 

"You are ridiculous." Ria says with a small chuckle, shaking her head at Ni-ki as he waits for her to catch up. 

"I am not, I'm just better at arcade games than you." He says, turning to match her pace. Ria rolls her eyes, adjusting her bag on her shoulders. 

"Can I at least win this argument?" She asks, wincing when she throws her arms up. Ni-ki puts an arm around her shoulders again, letting her lean on him a little as they walk. 

"As you wish." He says quietly, lightly patting her arm with his hand. 

"God, can you two be less cute? I'm gonna hurl." Sunoo says as he approaches with Jungwon and Soomin, the three of them greeting both Ria and Ni-ki. 

"How are you feeling?" Soomin asks Ria, her deep brown eyes worried. Ria pats the top of her hair, smiling fondly at her friend. 

"I'm okay, Minnie. A little sore but I'll be alright." She says, pulling away from Ni-ki to hug the girl. Their group continues walking, the boys messing around as they walk ahead of the two girls. Sunoo turns to check on the two, motioning for Jungwon and Ni-ki to both stop. The boys turn to see that Soomin and Ria had stopped walking, both of them facing an anxious looking Yuna. They approaches the girls, Yuna almost looking surprised.