Chapter 6- The Agreement

"And now... Consider this, Dazai. Right now, Chuuya is the one who wields the most physical power in this room"

"But physical prowess does not count for all in the Mafia. Its true strength lies in using every method to exert rational control"

"Why're you giving me this lecture?"

"Well now, that is the question"

"Can we skip this part? actually, can we skip when it doesn't matter? their conversation is starting to feel boring" Ranpo said.

["Sure we can"] is the only thing Fumiya said.

The scene didn't changed from the room they're in, however, Mori is shown showing the previous Mafia boss on a projector. "I have returned... from the fiery pits of hell. And do you know why, doctor?" The previous boss face is shown closely. 

"TF?!-"

"Wrath"

"The beast feeds on my wrath. It summoned me from hell...to spawn even more wrath

"... well, at least we can confirm that his habit of giving stupid speeches are still there..."

"Albatross-san..." Hirotsu says as he sighs.

"The monster of the Gods, the black flame Arahabaki..." Then the man is burn with violet like flames.

"So its not a demon but a God. Well that's just better"

Chuuya looks at his feet, as if it's the most interesting thing he had ever seen.

"that was the last of the recording" the windows began to open up. "Presently, all those who have seen  this footage... are under strict gag order"

"But what if the man we just saw... repeats the same speech anywhere else?" Mori walks in between Chuuya and Dazai.

"He claims he did not die of natural causes. It was an assassination, he says"

"Which is the truth"

"If his old supporters were to find out, the mafia will turn on itself"

"You're not one of them? seeing you guys are here and are not bothered"

"Obviously"

"Regardless of who comes out on top, the Mafia will be destroyed"Mori said and Dazai sighs.

"Chuuya-kun. What is this being known as Arahabaki? I've made a few inquires myself. According to legend, Arahabaki is a retainer of the Gods. Yet these tales are old, so little is known of what it really is"

"Oh, so its just a retainer"

"What, do you really believe in Gods?"

"It is no coincidence that you chose to investigate Arahabaki. I presume you heard the same rumor we did and went chasing the truth, yes?"

"That is suspicious, you haven't told us why you were interested on that being" Hirotsu said.

"It doesn't matter" Verlaine murmurs, but no one heard him apart from two individuals who sat close to him and one great detective who can guess his words out of the movement of his mouth.

 "There're a lotta wonderers in these parts. I won't waste my time finding who started the rumor. Do you all know how Cone Street came about?"

"Yes" a lot says apart from the foreigners.

"There was an explosion there near the end of the Great War. The area is that resulting crater"

"Yeah, and that explosion was caused by Arahabaki"